• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sports Channels Pixels - this forum is my last resort

gamernorcal

Novice Member
I have comcast cable and have had the following problem for a number of years. Comcast has sent people out and clearly has no solution. I would cancel the service but my wife does not want to put a dish on top of the house.

So the problem is all the sports channels come in pixelated. it use to happen from time to time but now it's like all the time. I only watch sports so you can understand my frustration.

I recorded some of the issues some months ago and here are the links :

gamernorcal on Twitter
gamernorcal on Twitter

So here is what I know :

1.This occurs only on the sports channels like ESPN , NBCSN, Comcast Sports Net, MLB Network, NHL Network, and other sports networks. Now if a game is on say NBC it occurs but for a regular show it does not.

2.All the other channels work fine. I can watch HBO, CNN, ABC, any non sports related show without any issues.

So is there something with my connection when these channels go pixelated and jumpy and unwatchable? Could it be something as simple as maybe getting a better coaxal cable or spitter?

I am at a loss. The cable company gives me the regular run around and wants to send another guy out but I already did all that and the guy didnt know what was wrong. They're trying to sell me on a different box but I've gone thru 3 boxes in the 5 years and no change. Except the reception has worsen.

And TV's, well I have had 3 tv's hooked up, different brands, different resolutions, same problem. So I don't think it's the tvs in my home.

Any tips would be great.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom