Spookies (101 Films Black Label, April 2021, Jason Impey's VIPCO: The Untold Story)

IGC

Spookies_EXPLODED_PACK_2400x.jpg

UPC: 5037899074749

I already have the Vinegar Syndrome release (with my homemade front artwork from the Palace VHS) but I'l cough up £15 for this for sure.

Special Features:

New audio commentary with FrightFest’s Paul McEvoy and filmmaker Sean Hogan
Limited edition booklet: Includes A Twisted History: Vipco, VHS and Spookies by Scott Harrison and Your Future Belongs to Us: Reaganite Terrors in Spookies by Liam Hathaway
Twisted Tale - The Unmaking of Spookies - a feature-length making-of documentary, including a commentary track with documentary co-directors Michael Gingold & Glen Baisley and extensive deleted scenes
VIPCO: The Untold Story, a brand new, extended version of the feature length documentary on much-loved UK film distributor VIPCO
2015 Alamo Drafthouse screening introductions with Spookies director Thomas Doran and co-writer/producer Frank M. Farel
Archival locations featurette with actor Peter Iasillo
Outtakes and bloopers
Behind the scenes still gallery
Theatrical trailer

101-films-store.com

It says it has Jason Impey's extended VIPCO: The Untold Story documentary I loved it so that's a bonus. Anyone who has any interest in the at the time illegal Mary Whitehouse Brown Shirts' styled Video Recordings Act or Video Nasties should find plenty in this with the VIPCO legend Michael Lee (he also produced Spookies).

There's something wrong with the documentary disc encoding on the VS release so that alone makes me want to upgrade.

It's a shame 101 Films didn't approach the original illustrator Graham Humphreys hopefully there's a wee poster in the booklet. Maybe whomever owns the film now doesn't own the artwork rights and neither does Mr Humphreys. It does appear on the dodgy Spanish DVD.

With the enormous increase in cost and hassle in importing due to Brexit taxes/COVID I hope we get more sharing of content over the pond we both have lots of great local labels.

HMV
Amazon
Zavvi

Spookies (Blu-ray front cover).jpg

ml337

This vinegar syndrome partnership is brilliant. Tammy and the T Rex was excellent. Its tricky getting VS over here in the UK so glad they are releasing these.

Alien8

Poopies.

IGC

Never actually seen the film but the story about it (those 2 feature length documentaries) are fascinating.

I will watch it. Honest.

Just ordered it from 101 @ £15.00.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom