Sponsor the Goo and support the British Heart Foundation - London Marathon April 2013

Bump up to the top.

Did a 20 mile training run yesterday which was really tough going. 9 weeks to go and the intensity will increase now. I have had 1 night of beer since Xmas, no takeaways etc and am really pushing the training. Hard work but worth it in the end to raise funds in memory of my mate.

Every penny counts for the British heart foundation.

Many thanks for reading

Big thanks to Mossym from the Running Thread for another generous donation.

Up to £255 now. 9 weeks to go.

Donated now Steve, good luck reaching your total.

Thanks mate, really appreciated. Just over 8 weeks to go and I have raised £270. Looking forward to a real response from the AVF community over the coming weeks to get this total well over the £500 mark.

Cheers guys.

The generosity of AVF members never ceases to amaze me.

Just concluced a deal in the Blu Ray classifeds and member RIYAZI felt sorry for me as Bourne Legacy had dropped in price so much .... he made a contribution to the British Heart Foundation!!

What a legend, such generosity ..... many thanks!

We're over the £300 mark now!!

Woo hoo!! Just over 7 weeks to go.

As Abbeygoos training partner I can vouch for the hard work he is putting in, I hope he doesn't mind me saying this but his body is really taking a battering with the intensity of the training.

As I type this he is on his way to see the the physio to have his knee looked at and had to miss this mornings training run. He has had other issues along the way that have required medical attention.

I was with him at the 20 mile mark in London when he collapsed and I can tell you that any 'normal' person would have quit long before that point.

I know how much finishing the race in memory of his great pal Roger means to him.

Please sponsor him whatever you can spare as obviously it's a great cause and also because he is such top bloke and very good friend too.
:lease:

:blush:

thanks Chippy.

:thumbsup:

Bumping up a great cause

Best of luck mate :smashin:

Quick thanks to Sophie's Hero and now upto £335.

Cheers pal.

Just sent you a tenner goo mate. Enjoy the fun run

Thanks mate, appreciate that. The fun will be in my retiring after this run has been finished fella.

Got a problem with my right knee and right groin that seem to be linked. Got this one marathon in me though, I'm sure. For such a great cause.

Every single penny counts and I know just as much as anybody how hard times are - so even a couple of quid from everyone who reads my posts, has got advice from me in the running thread, has completed a trade in the classifieds or had a chat in the sports section ........ that would make a huge difference.

Thanks everyone.

Another kind donation from my good old Yorkshire chum Martin (Ultima).

Cheers fella - up to £365 now.

Up to the top, two weeks left ..........

Hi everyone

Not long left now, just ten days. Ran approx 400 miles in training, have had two nights of beer since December and haven't had a take away or been for an indian / Chinese in all that time. In all weathers, mainly driving rain and wind plus the occasional snow flurry, every weekend with physio for a dodgy knee all to contend with.

I am running for a great charity that every single penny will benefit. The British heart foundation is fighting Britain's biggest killer ...... Heart disease.

Please find a few spare quid to help me out as the power of this forum is that a small contribution from so many will make a huge difference to the charity.

Thanks to all those who have donated so far.

Big thanks to Sonic67 for his kind donation as we smash through the £400 barrier!

:)

Terrible news coming in from Boston, thoughts with all the families and people who have been injured or killed in the bomb blasts.

:(

Good luck at the weekend Steve, enjoy it and savour the moment when you cross the finish line:thumbsup:

Ultima said:
Good luck at the weekend Steve, enjoy it and savour the moment when you cross the finish line:thumbsup:

Thanks mate, I certainly will.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom