Sponsor my London Marathon 2012 in aid of the British Heart Foundation

WorldChampionsGoo

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Quick update

Running total (pardon the pun) of nearly £2700!! Doing well and motoring towards a brilliant total for the British Heart Foundation

Big thanks to all the AVF contributors

Many of you will have read through my recent thread entitled Farewell To My Friend following the death of my close friend, Roger Hammond, on 11th December 2011.

In his memory, I am running the 2012 London Marathon with my pal and we have decided to raise funds for the British Heart Foundation - Roger's family's chosen charity. My target is £3,000.

I will be proud to run in memory of my friend in one of sport's most iconic events. Any donations are welcomed and can be made online :

Virgin Money Giving | Fundraising | Jacko and Chippy's fundraising page

Many thanks for looking!

Last edited:
had the first donation of a fiver but anonymously ....was that you? Please PM me so I can pass on my thanks ...

:D

upto £65 - pleased with that start - back to work!

Have a bump, and some dosh.

Apologies I can't use the gift aid option, any time in the past that I've tried I get problems. I suspect it's because my address is in Ireland, even though I'm a UK taxpayer.

Have a bump, and some dosh.

Apologies I can't use the gift aid option, any time in the past that I've tried I get problems. I suspect it's because my address is in Ireland, even though I'm a UK taxpayer.

no probs, Phil. Very generous and thanks for taking the time out to contribute despite your situation at home.

Thanks fella, appreciated.

Spammer. Give us a minute and normal service will resume.

Quick update

Running total (pardon the pun) of £365! Doing well and motoring towards the £2000 target for the British Heart Foundation

Big thanks to all the AVF contributors :

Gunhawk
Dony
Ultima
Munkey Boy
Dr Phil
KWMan
Soundburst
AddyB
plus two anonymous GC regulars

Thanks a lot chaps ...... everyone donation, however large or small will make a huge difference against Britain's biggest killer .....

Cheers!

Last edited:
Goo, have you thought of getting some volunteers and doing a bag packing day etc in a local supermarket? I'm fundraising at the minute too as you know and it's not uncommon to collect about £1000 in a days bag packing. My local Sainsburys is booked solid for over a year for bag packing requests or I'd be in there myself but I know from talking to others how much can be raised like that.

up to the top

bump

bump

Did you get your travel sorted?

Did you get your travel sorted?

Think so. We are staying in a hotel near the Barbican theatre so will drive to somewhere off the M1 (from Manchester area) and then get the tube in. When I went to Wembley last year, we stayed in Harrow - maybe somewhere round there or Stanmore??

Okay - I had it in my head you were staying out East. Don't know much about coming in from the north to the middle - someone might have some advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom