1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoilt for choice

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by milanv57, Aug 10, 2005.

1. milanv57

milanv57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being unable to make up our minds, we need some help.

Upgrading 2 phones for my teenage girls with O2 (getting a good deal). Daughter no 1 is certain to go for the Sony Ericsson K750i. Daughter no2, however, is as decisive as I am and cannot choose between the Motorola V3, the Samsung E530 or the Samsung Z500.

Researching the web has just confused me even more.

Help please.

2. Dubster

Dubster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    v3 is the better looking phone but i reckons its more of a mans phone by design so for your daughter i would try and get her to go for another k750i cos it is about the best phone on the market at the mo or if she really must? go for the e530 instead of the z500 as i dont like 3g phones much.

3. MPDmike

MPDmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What lucky girls to have such choices!

I agree with Dubster that the V3 looks more of a man's phone - something to do with the angular design I think. Presumably Daughter No. 2 wants a flip phone rather than the bar shape of the K750i? If she is happy with that choice then there shouldn't be any jealousy that Daughter No.1 has a 2 megapixel camera, etc.

I would have thought the E530 looks like the best bet, in its pretty pink. The main reason for choosing a Z500 would be for things like the 3G with its video calling (but does she know anyone she can make video calls to?), and what about the cost of all those video calls! Also, the Z500 has the removable memory card, although the E530 does have a pretty useful 90 MB of onboard memory, which should be plenty most of us. :rolleyes:

4. milanv57

milanv57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice.
    I guess it will be the "pretty in pink" one for #2. And no1 has changed her mind (takes after her mother) and is going for the Sony Eriksson W800i. I'm just glad we've got a good deal from O2!!