**spoilers** Revenge of the Sith - plot holes/questions **spoilers**

as yoda stated, the prophecy could have been misread......

also the Jedi thought that the Sith unbalanced it?

eviljohn2 said:
I think "bringing balance to the force" means eradicating all traces of the dark side. :)

Kind of like George Bush bringing balance to the middle east :D

C3PO needed to have his memory wiped because he can keep his mouth shut and would have told everyone.

It also puts a new light on the OT, as R2D2 is one of the only characters with a wide angle view of the whole situation.

dsw182 said:
C3PO needed to have his memory wiped because he can keep his mouth shut and would have told everyone.

It also puts a new light on the OT, as R2D2 is one of the only characters with a wide angle view of the whole situation.

I always thought it was supposed to be the story of Anakin's life overviewed by the droids in particular R2D2 (sure I read that somewhere) :confused:

Surely the whole point is that balance is only brought to the force at the end of Episode VI when Vader sacrifices himself to save his son and kill the Emperor.

Hence the prophecy is forefilled, just not in the way Qui-Gon and Obi-wan were expecting.

I thought the "Legend of Darth Plaugeis" was pretty good as it suggests that either Plaugeis or Palpatine (who is obviously the Sith apprentice who killed Plaugeis) created Anakin and he was all part of the master plan to get rid of the Jedi from the start.

It explains why Palpatine is so interested in watching Anakin's progress at the end of episode 1. It also means that all that virgin birth stuff in Episode 1 wasn't just there to wind up Catholics.

You must have a lot of faith in GL to believe he had this grand vision in 70's that actually Kenobi actually fought with R2D2 a number of years previous!

Why not? In the message Leia records into R2-D2 she says,"General Kenobi, years ago you fought with my father in the clone wars......". She's obviously been briefed by her adopted father about Obi-Wan's presence on Tatooine otherwise she wouldn't be there. It therefore wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that she'd also been told that Obi-Wan would reconise one of the droids aboard her ship. This would make that particular droid the obvious choice for sending down to the surface with the Death Star plans.

The same goes for the plot weakness of Vader not 'feeling' Leia in ANH when interrogating her.

Why would Vader "feel" Leia? Remember, he thinks his child died with Padme. You'll notice in the Episode III funeral procession that the body still has a pregnant belly. ie it's been dressed up to keep the birth(s) secret.

He doesn't "feel" Luke while he's trying to shoot him down in the Death Star trench, either. He only begins to suspect who Luke might be in the interval between New Hope and Empire.

In fact, Luke's presence only really becomes apparent once Yoda's training has begun which causes a "disturbance in the force". Leia hasn't had any Jedi training, so no disturbance.

If Luke can't figure out who Leia is until Obi-Wan drops a massive hint in the middle of Jedi, despite snogging his sister, what chance does Vader have ?

vonhosen said:
I always thought it was supposed to be the story of Anakin's life overviewed by the droids in particular R2D2 (sure I read that somewhere) :confused:

Yeah, I heard the same thing, but I think he then changed his idea. This happend back when he was doing the original trilogy.

Also on the lines of balancing the force, once Luke stated training Kenobi dies, then Yoda dies before leia finds out she has the force, and Anakin dies shortly after he has turn back to good. So we have 2 good and er well 0 bad hmmm.

But for a bit it was 2 good 2 bad.

Who was Syfo Dias? Sy(fo)dias...... Sidious?

I think so as ultimately as we are all aware, the clone troopers became the Storm Troopers. I did like the way you could see the strom trooper outfits evolving through episode 3.

The more I think about episode 3, the cleverer is becomes and 1 and 2 also make more sense.....

Pete.

Evil Engineer said:
Surely the whole point is that balance is only brought to the force at the end of Episode VI when Vader sacrifices himself to save his son and kill the Emperor.

Hence the prophecy is forefilled, just not in the way Qui-Gon and Obi-wan were expecting.

I thought the "Legend of Darth Plaugeis" was pretty good as it suggests that either Plaugeis or Palpatine (who is obviously the Sith apprentice who killed Plaugeis) created Anakin and he was all part of the master plan to get rid of the Jedi from the start.

It explains why Palpatine is so interested in watching Anakin's progress at the end of episode 1. It also means that all that virgin birth stuff in Episode 1 wasn't just there to wind up Catholics.

Why not? In the message Leia records into R2-D2 she says,"General Kenobi, years ago you fought with my father in the clone wars......". She's obviously been briefed by her adopted father about Obi-Wan's presence on Tatooine otherwise she wouldn't be there. It therefore wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that she'd also been told that Obi-Wan would reconise one of the droids aboard her ship. This would make that particular droid the obvious choice for sending down to the surface with the Death Star plans.

Why would Vader "feel" Leia? Remember, he thinks his child died with Padme. You'll notice in the Episode III funeral procession that the body still has a pregnant belly. ie it's been dressed up to keep the birth(s) secret.

He doesn't "feel" Luke while he's trying to shoot him down in the Death Star trench, either. He only begins to suspect who Luke might be in the interval between New Hope and Empire.

In fact, Luke's presence only really becomes apparent once Yoda's training has begun which causes a "disturbance in the force". Leia hasn't had any Jedi training, so no disturbance.

If Luke can't figure out who Leia is until Obi-Wan drops a massive hint in the middle of Jedi, despite snogging his sister, what chance does Vader have ?

There are far too many plot holes, evidence to suggest that GL didn't have a grand plan of the prequels at the time he made Star Wars, thats why. Otherwise he would have been some sort of perfect genius when in fact he has he flaws as a director, a writer and a story teller!

Don't forget that Star Wars didn't become Episode IV until a subsequent release

When did Kenobi become a 'General'? I may have missed that in ROTS?

When did Kenobi fight with her father in the clone wars? Her father was a senator wasn't he? or have I missed something in the clone wars cartoons?

It therefore wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that she'd also been told that Obi-Wan would reconise one of the droids aboard her ship. This would make that particular droid the obvious choice for sending down to the surface with the Death Star plans.

If this is true then I'm the queen of sheba and GL is god! Besides he didn't recognise the droid, unless he was bluffing of course, which is what I have read on the 'force.net' fan boy forums:rotfl:

I think he has motivation to bluff.

He went to Tatooine to keep an eye on Luke's progress, knowing one day Luke would come to him.

Yoda and Obi Wan actually manipulate Luke in the OT, to fufill the prophecy (how much has Sith changed our understanding of the motivations of the main protaganists?).

He doesn't tell Luke who his father is, so why should he tell him that D2 is a droid who saw everything (and therefore could tell Luke if Luke were to ask the right questions).

JimmytheSaint said:
Who was Syfo Dias? Sy(fo)dias...... Sidious?

Syfo Dias was a Jedi Master. Sidious impersonated him to order the Clones and then had Dooku kill him. It's mentioned in the book Labrynth of Evil apparently.

i thought the original star wars was always subtitles episdode 4 at the beginning when the text scrolls along??

the jedi who led a garrison where called Generals, and i think Kenobi was referred to as general by his troops at one point along the way in the film...

mooro1973 said:
I think he has motivation to bluff.

He went to Tatooine to keep an eye on Luke's progress, knowing one day Luke would come to him.

He doesn't tell Luke who his father is, so why should he tell him that D2 is a droid who saw everything (and therefore could tell Luke if Luke were to ask the right questions).

hmmmmm :rolleyes:

i thought the original star wars was always subtitles episdode 4 at the beginning when the text scrolls along??

Defo not, someone will be able to tell you when it was first added though

Come on people its a fantasy,I watched it last night and it was quality,more 'grown up' and much better than the first two.You could pull apart every film ever made,just enjoy it for what it is.
Unansewred questions,maybe he will remake the last three,he never makes any thing else.

Obi-Wan was a general in the Clone Wars, the cartoons should cover that - it does make some sense in a war situation.

Worth noting that although they fight; Mace, Yoda and Anakin aren't generals although Palpatine pushes Anakin further up the ranks than the Jedi Counsel like. :)

eviljohn2 said:
Obi-Wan was a general in the Clone Wars, the cartoons should cover that - it does make some sense in a war situation.

Ahhhh they must have done that to fill in GL's plot holes! :rotfl:

Was Bail Organa in the cartoons?

Does GL have anything to do with the cartoons or are they left to their own devices?

The first "volume" of Clone Wars they were pretty much left to their own devices, obviously with the plot of the war to follow. I really enjoy them as they're clearly written/drawn by fans of the Star Wars universe so follow in the spirit of things with lots of nice touches.

The second volume (not out on DVD yet) is basically the prequel to ROTS and ends with *SPOILER*
Palpatine having been kidnapped by Grievous, several Jedi's being killed by Grievous; Yoda, Mace and some clone troopers losing the battle for Coruscant and summoning Kenobi and Skywalker back from the Outer-Rim as fast as they can. Naturally this is where ROTS starts. These episodes also include Anakin's introduction to the jedi order and the last of his tests.
*END SPOILER*

Well worth watching in my opinion - Grievous is really a let down in the film compared to his menace and skill in the series. :)

eviljohn2 said:
Grievous is really a let down in the film compared to his menace and skill in the series. :)

I thought General Grievous was fantastic! :clap:

eviljohn2 said:
The first "volume" of Clone Wars they were pretty much left to their own devices, obviously with the plot of the war to follow. I really enjoy them as they're clearly written/drawn by fans of the Star Wars universe so follow in the spirit of things with lots of nice touches.

The second volume (not out on DVD yet) is basically the prequel to ROTS and ends with *SPOILER*
Palpatine having been kidnapped by Grievous, several Jedi's being killed by Grievous; Yoda, Mace and some clone troopers losing the battle for Coruscant and summoning Kenobi and Skywalker back from the Outer-Rim as fast as they can. Naturally this is where ROTS starts. These episodes also include Anakin's introduction to the jedi order and the last of his tests.
*END SPOILER*

Well worth watching in my opinion - Grievous is really a let down in the film compared to his menace and skill in the series. :)

A bit of a shame we need a cartoon to fill in some blanks....it would have been nice if that Episode II revolved around the clone wars.

Ok here is one that I am sure will have a simple explanation.

I dragged the Mrs and kids to see this again, one question the mrs asked me that i couldn't answer.....

Uncle Owen and the Auntie with whom Luke is left with at the end.......to be an uncle/auntie one of them must have been Anakin's brother or sister or not??????????:confused:

eviljohn2 said:
But you've been mulling it over for months.

I know tell me about it - i'm such an indecisive monkey! :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom