**spoilers** Just back from Revenge of the Sith **spoilers**

lw32 said:
Grevious coughing, what the hell was that all about?
That's from the Clone Wars cartoon.

Looks like I'd better watch this then! Is this from the first series which is on dvd at the mo?

eviljohn2 said:
The absolute worst thing about it though were all the daft scene transitions - it's like someone who's never used Powerpoint before and creates the most godawful presentation.

I noticed this too, but what I couldn't remember is if the same thing occured in the previous films?

I liked the coughing - I thought it was great, and I don't mind that it references something which happened in the clone wars tv series - I have never seen them, but I like the fact that there is more to the story than just what is up on the screen in the movies.

:offtopic: Just watching TPM on ITV..still a pish movie, but Darth Maul and his awesome sounding light sabre still kicks ass to the John Williams Duel of the Fates!

FWIW I like the transitions ... they make a nice change from just cuts or dissolves and I think they are done sparingly but well ... something else that makes it star wars ...

Jon

Watched it twice on DVD today and I am very impressed. Will be in the US for a few weeks and will try and find a digital screening. 8/10, better that ROTJ!

Another thing that annoyed me a little was Chewbacca turning up. There was as much need for that as the entire clone army being related to Boba/Jango Fett. :rolleyes:
What's wrong with there just being random people in the galaxy that things happen to? Not everybody in the stories has to be related. :)

eviljohn2 said:
Another thing that annoyed me a little was Chewbacca turning up. There was as much need for that as the entire clone army being related to Boba/Jango Fett. :rolleyes:
What's wrong with there just being random people in the galaxy that things happen to? Not everybody in the stories has to be related. :)

re: Chewbacca - I agree. He was just there for the sake of it.

But the clone army being 'related' to Boba / Jango - that's the whole idea, they are 'clones'; they could not look like anyone but Jango!

Kazuya Mishima said:
But the clone army being 'related' to Boba / Jango - that's the whole idea, they are 'clones'; they could not look like anyone but Jango!
I appreciate that, but Boba Fett was just one of several bounty hunters in TESB and ROTJ and not a particularly special character within the story (not to degrade his part in the story which is more important but could have been any bounty hunter). :)

Yes, the incestuousness of the prequels is one of the things I like least about them - you have a galaxy full of billions and billions of people and yet everybody knows, or is related to, everybody else.

Tejstar said:
But he was no match for Mace!

papsy's no light sabre warrior, infact up until EP3 I doubt hes had to use his Dark powers much, it is also know fact Mace Windu is the finest duelist in the Jedi Order, his own special style almost borders on the darkside at times.

yoda is simply the most knowledgeable of the force in the order

Sidious is a politician who has learned the darkside to help him reach his goal which is control of the republic and destruction of the jedi, notice he does very little to actually destroy the Jedi, he gets others to do it for him, Maul, annekin and dooku are not simply his apprentices, they are also his body guards.

Also did you notice how quickly sidious recovered to strike Windu?

he was not as weak as u think, he was also trying to get annakin to do his work for him, like he eventually did at the Temple and mustaffar

he's a clever man is our papsy, more clever then your pathetic little jedi friends

muhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahha
(cackles like a sith lord and walks off :devil: )

From that review: -

"The scene could have been done exactly as events unfold around Vader, but without the stupid cry to the heavens. It would have been much creepier and simpler to see him be still and watch the room tear itself apart around him"

Would of been much better!!!, I thought that was one of the worse parts of the movie.

eviljohn2 said:
I appreciate that, but Boba Fett was just one of several bounty hunters in TESB and ROTJ and not a particularly special character within the story (not to degrade his part in the story which is more important but could have been any bounty hunter). :)

Yeah, I get what you mean now, sorry! :blush:

I agree with you.

Yes, the incestuousness of the prequels is one of the things I like least about them - you have a galaxy full of billions and billions of people and yet everybody knows, or is related to, everybody else.

Lex mate, you are thinking of Eastenders! I know what you mean, everyone either works in the launderette of the cafe. How odd that the galactic empire is the same...

Pete.

Would of been much better!!!, I thought that was one of the worse parts of the movie.

I liked it. Remember, Lucas is the exponent of black and white saturday movies and when Vader breaks his binds and falters forward I thought 'frankenstien'. A brilliant parody of the stuff Lucas thrived on back in the day.....I suppose the fledgling steps of a monster. Also, the scene when the face mask is lowered onto Anakin is genius....the poor kids face is one of sheer terror.

As before, the more I think about Episode 3, the better it gets.

Pete.

Captain Benefit said:
I liked it. Remember, Lucas is the exponent of black and white saturday movies and when Vader breaks his binds and falters forward I thought 'frankenstien'. A brilliant parody of the stuff Lucas thrived on back in the day.....I suppose the fledgling steps of a monster. Also, the scene when the face mask is lowered onto Anakin is genius....the poor kids face is one of sheer terror.

:eek: Star Wars is reduced to a parody!!

The more i think about it the more I have trouble watching Vader in the original movies and seeing Hayden C there....I can't quite make that jump in imagination at the moment. Perhaps it was because there wasn't enough of Vader in ROTS.

Compare that with Palpatine / Emperor between the earlier and later movies and yeah...I'm there all the way

I watched Ep IV when I got back from watching III the other night and it has changed the way I see Vader in the origonal trilogy completely ! He no longer is this evil figure that I saw as the 'ultimate bad guy' when I first saw him as a child....I now can't help but see him as a very troubled charecter who I feel pity for and someone who I know is, deep down, a pretty good person but lost his way.

i'm with you on that cleric, Vader is a whole new character now, ep 4,5, and 6 will now be viewed in a whole new light. I' m already looking for to a sunday of all six films. the full weight of episode three on the saga is still to hit most of us.

Gary

Sith gets better with a second viewing.

For me, second only to ESB now.

It rocks.

Just got back from seeing Sith again.

I agree with Mooro - even better the second time!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom