1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

splitting scart

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by polecat, Sep 20, 2005.

1. polecat

polecat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all
    i am wanting to connect sky+ up to my media centre computer a medion titainium 8386 and a lcd panel a 26" duel from asda.
    The sky+ is in the living room,the pc is in the dinning room about a 7mtr cable run away and lcd panel will be a further 7mtr away in a conservatory,so i will be wanting to split the scart behind the pc one feed for the pc one for the panel, i was thinking of using scart 2 vcr out of sky+ i dont use the vcr anymore its just gathering dust,(scart one rgb goes to tv in living room) ive seen some good scart cable on ebay for about £18 for 10mtr flat by clicktronic,but i am not sure what to go for with the splitter do i go for an amplified one, a switched one, an auto switched one or one of those cheap splitter boxes with the small fly lead off it, idealy i just want to put it behind the pc desk and forget about it,if it works i want be able to record sky onto the hard disk of pc and play it back to the lcd or watch sky direct from the box to the panel,the panel will also be cabled for dvi and normal antenna feed.
    Too many kids having too many fights about who is watching what and when,
    at least it should give me few more options :)
    Thanks
    polecat

2. Everton1878

Everton1878
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you find a solution?

I have a sky box that has one RGB scart that I'd like to have go to my TV and Media Centre as it won't convert from non-RGB scart