• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Splitting headphones signal?

thesaint24

Established Member
I have an onkyo 605 and wanted to plug both a senheist 595 and 350 and was wondering if it is possible to get something to split the signal so two can listen at once?

DorKnight

Established Member

Don't buy this lead as it's not what you require.

If you want something decent then there's the Grado Splitter which can be located here;
http://www.beststuff.co.uk/headphone_accessories.htm

Or you could plump for a cheaper option with something like;
http://www.zingseducation.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=119

I think you're using the Sennheiser HD 595 but unsure on your other cans, just ensure that both will be driven sufficiently by your amp (at the same time of course).

thesaint24

Established Member
the 350's are still on the senheisser audiophile range, just, cheap.

so im looking for a stereo headphone splitter? (just because i want to buy it in the shops seeing as its quite cheap)

thanks for your help

cribeiro

Prominent Member
Yes, DorKnight is right,

sorry for the mistake, I did not see it was a stereo to mono splitter, I just saw it and thought it was the right one. Thanks for the correction :blush::blush:

DorKnight

Established Member
I launched the link and thought that was the correct item, I thought I glanced mono so I doubled checked.

I bet that's caught out a few people in the past.

mattski73

Established Member
i've tried many splitters in the past, each have been as bad as the next. from my own experience, any splitter will compromise the sound. you've got two good headphones, and the best splitter i know of for this.....and i can't believe i'm saying this.....is a Bostaroo amp.

thesaint24

Established Member
what is a bostaroo amp? how much are they aaanndd, mostly the signal wont be split, are you sure a high quality splitter won't do the job?

edit: after some googling it seems to be only american and it seems to just boost the volume? Also it uses batteries :(
I think a good splitter will have to do

cribeiro

Prominent Member
mattski73 is right, any splitter will compromise the sound, but it depends on your usage... For non-critical listening, I think it should be ok. I use it at home too, and it works just fine.

Buy a cheap one, they are sooo cheap... try it, and if you are not happy, you did not waste that much of money anyway.

thesaint24

Established Member
i will only use the splitter on infrequent occasions such as when a friend is at my house and were watching a movie late. Mostly i will just use the 595's. As i know i need a splitter i think i will go for a £10 one, is this what you would recomend?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom