Splitting HDMI to tv and projector problems

Baron Von Doom

Im using a Denon AVRX2200W amp with two hdmi outputs.
Output 1 goes straight to the plasma.
Output 2 goes to a Neet hdmi to cat adapter then to the projector.
If the tv and projector are both switched on there is no problem and everything works as it should.
If im just using the tv i get no picture unless i disconnect the Neet hdmi adapter.
I have tried an hdmi straight to the projector and everything worked fine.
Unfortunately the hdmi that i have in the wall and under the floor seems to be faulty leaving only the cat 6 cables.
I suppose im going to have to take the carpet up and try and run another hdmi cable and scrap the hdmi to cat 6 adapters.
I have tried using one output and running a cheap powered splitter but it doesnt seem to like this setup either.
Does these adapters normally give such problems?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
AVR - try swapping around the Outputs.

CAT Extender - don't assume all Extenders will exhibit the same problem, a better quality Extender will likely resolve the issue.

AVR - are you ensuring it is in Passthru/ no video processing mode, also ensure Deep Color is disabled.

Joe

Baron Von Doom

Thanks for the reply.
Ive tried video processing on and off. dont have any settings in the AVR for deep colour but its off on the source.
I tried swapping the outputs.
Are there any extenders you would recommend giving a try?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
As Seb says Extenders which use HDBT are the most stable - if you go with a design which includes PoH (Power over HDBT) you only require external power at the Transmitter (Tx).

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'The ones i have are powered but the power goes at the receiver end' - never a great design choice, usually means the Tx is relying on power from the Source (or no power and the Rx will try and 'lift' the signal)!

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
HDBT is a single CAT solution.

Dual CAT systems usually split the signal as Video (with embedded audio) on CAT-1 and everything else (inc Power and IR) on CAT-2.

We 'retired' our Dual CAT solutions 2+ years ago in favour of HDBT.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom