1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AVForums will be closed tomorrow morning (Thursday 26th May) from 6am while we move the site to new, faster servers. We expect the process to take around three hours.
    Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice

Splitting from wifi bridge

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by moghm, Feb 1, 2012.

1. moghm

moghm Standard Member

User Reviews:
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

I have just bought a panasonic plasma that has an ethernet port at the back. I dont want to run a cable to it so am thinking of buying a wifi bridge. A friend of mine has got one of these and he says it works flawlessly. However, just below my plasma is a sky hd box, also hungry for an internet conection. Am I able to split the signal from the wifi bridge into 2 or 3 signals ? They are selling ethernet splitters on ebay an am wondering if this will do the job ? so Basically splitt the signal from wifi bridge to 2 devices ?

many thanks,

2. Kristian

Kristian Well-known Member

User Reviews:
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Some wireless bridges have more than one Ethernet (RJ45) socket which will do as you ask. Another option would be a pair of PowerLine Networking units (e.g. Homeplugs), some of which also have more than one Ethernet port.

A third option, and the best from a connectivity pov would be some Cat5E cable.

3. beerhunter

beerhunter Well-known Member

User Reviews:
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +740
  4. Andy98765

Andy98765 Member

User Reviews:
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    I agree dump wireless when ever you can. Homeplugs is a far more reliable and often far faster connection. As already stated plug a switch into the remote homeplug and you have many connections.