1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

splitting component output

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by malariaboy, Jan 23, 2005.

1. malariaboy

malariaboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    can anyone tell me if theres a cable that i can plug into the component out of my denon 3805 that will enable me to plug 2 component leads in. as i use one to the plasma and would like to run the other to the projector

thx darren

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,593
    malariaboy -

You can add 'T-Piece' connectors to 'split' your YUV output; though I wouldn't advise it. Your going to degrade the signal your delivering to your TV and Projector.

You really need to contemplate a signal Distribution Amp (DA) and depending on what length of cable is going to your Projector you may want one with an inbuilt 'line driver' to drive long cables.

Unfortunately DA's (with line driver) are not inexpensive - normally around 350.00 GBP.

You can use a Zektor HDS4 Switcher 'reverse wired' to enable you to switch one source to up to four displays; though your still looking at nearly 250.00 GBP. See http://www.zektor.com

How does the projector fair with the S-Video outputs from your SKY+ and DVD player? Possibly a decent S-Video cable to the PJ will suffice

Best regards

Joe

3. johnsattuk

johnsattuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I had a similar requirement, which I solved with a 4 input x 2 Output Matrix switcher.
    It has 4 inputs and you can remotely switch any input to any output. It switches YPbPr and L & R video. I am actually using it to switch RGBHV using the audio switch for the sync.
    Works wonderfully and gives a great deal of flexibility. it cost appro £120 deliverd from US