1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting an optical signal

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by De|ta, May 28, 2003.

1. De|ta

De|ta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    (sorry if this is the wrong forum.. i had a look around and this seemed the best suited, if its not - please move it :) )

Hiya
    I have a coax digital output on my sound card, both my Sony TA-VE215 and Kenwood A-93 have only optical inputs. Not a problem, i bought a converter for it and now have the PC plugged into the Sony. I was happy with that, but i also use the Kenwood to drive my rear speakers and bigger subs that i like to have on for music playback. I've had it connected using analog, but it sounds better if im using the DAC inside the Kenwood rather than my sound card.

So, i wanted to split the optical signal. I had a quick look around and found an optical splitter at keene. I bought it and a couple of toslink cables and wired it all up. It didnt work..

Is there something ive missed, should i have read up a bit before buying things. It seems to me that signal is too weak to be used. Should i have bought a booster of some sort, of is there something obvious that i coulda missed thats stopping it from working?

Thinking about it, i should've just split it when it was still coax and bought another convertor..but its done now :)

2. De|ta

De|ta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone? :(