Splitting a Virgin set box to additional tv and projector

Splitterfeed1

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’m currenty renovating my property and we are now at the stage of cable distribution!
This has come round quicker than I thought and I want to make sure all necessary cables are in place.
In my lounge I have a Virgin set box and wi-fi router.
I would like a tv in the kitchen with the option of watching Virgin channels even if the ch is the same as lounge. I only want one box!
I’m also looking To get ceiling speakers for music and to be linked to tv in kitchen, if possible
The other room is downstairs which is part or the extension and I plan to have a projector linked to a amp. Again I would like virgin option but will mostly will be used for films, Netflix etc
My electrician has some knowledge but has said he’s not up to speed with the entertainment options but will happily run what I need/want etc
Hope that makes some sense and would greatly appreciate some advice on this matter before we plaster board our plank canvas
Thanks in advance

Throw in a lot of CAT6 cable to begin with. Not only can you send a lot of stuff over the network, but there are adaptors to use it with other protocols to.

Generally for the TV it'll be HDMI if you only want one box. Whether you use normal HDMI cables or something else will depend on the distance required.

I guess ceiling speakers will just be normal speaker wire down to your amp/receiver.

Thanks for your response.
Kitchen tv ceiling speakers via amp, I’ll go for that option ✅
Im told the new virgin box hasn’t got a HDMI cable it’s a their own scart lead cable?
My current virgin box has a HDMI and I did wonder if that could be split , but if the new box’s have their own a virgin scart lead I’m not sure if this is possible?

New VM boxes no longer have scart sockets. There is a “Din”-type socket for AV out but it isn't enabled.
HDMI is the only output you can use.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom