Splitting a Sky Q Main box HDMI Signal

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by m4rtyboy, Mar 28, 2018.

1. m4rtyboy

m4rtyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I have tried searching the post but cant find a simple answer.

I have a Sky Q Main box and want to split the signal so I can watch on my TV or my Projector. I used to have an Amp and Sky HD and this worked fine.

I now have Sky Q and no Amp. So I have purchased a powered HDMI splitter. I have used this splitter successfully in the past, just not with Sky Q. There is power to the unit via a red light. There is one input and two outputs. However when I connect the HDMI from the Sky box to the splitter Input there is no green light, so I assume no signal.

Does Sky Q not allow this to happen now? Seems pretty mean if so otherwise I cant watch Sky on my projector

Thanks

2. linnasak

linnasak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    If you are outputting Sky Q 4K then will need new level of splitter. Also need to downscale to to 1080p if projector not 4K.

Check out hdfury for solutions to this, although not cheap. Integral + linker.

I went route of 4K compatible AVR for splitting with hdfury linker to downscale and work with my non 4k enabled projector.

You cold try hdfury linker to your splitter if not 4K.

Kevin