Splitting a preamplifiers output.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Dusteh, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Dusteh

Dusteh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I need to run a single pre-out from my preamplifier into two power amplifiers. The power amps have no pass-through feature so they can't be daisy-chained.

Would splitting the signal from pre to power affect the quality of the signal in anyway? I really don't want to compromise on sound quality if possible.

I'm thinking of something like this; http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr1983.html

Or if anyone can recommend anything better or an alternative solution it would be a great help.

2. MI55ION

MI55ION

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +690
    There may be minor issues with impedance but from what I've read and understood, there is no perceivable signal loss. So the simple answer would be no.

The problem with the type of splitters you're looking at is that it'll create tension on the preouts and there may also be space issues if all your preouts are close together.

I have these Philips splitters in my setup and they do the job perfectly. I would try these out for myself to see if the improvements are worthwhile - if you're bi-amping like I did, then it certainly is ;)

If you want higher quality splitters for peace of mind, get in contact with Mark Grant (see cables powerbuy section) who can make them to order but at a cost of around £25-£30 each.

:)

3. Dusteh

Dusteh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks Mission, thats exactly the advice I was after.