1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitter

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Michaelknell, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have a HDTV, but the HD runs thorugh DVI like many do. The thing is, I would like to have my PS3 and SkyHD connected to the TV as well as possibly a DVD player. The problem here is that I need a DVI - HD converter. I'd like to buy one that can hold up to four HD connections so that I can connect four HD wires to one splitter. Then connect the splitter to my HDTV via DVI wire. I have found only one for sale so far. This was on eBay and was priced at £300. Anyone know if there are anymore or if there will be closer to when HD is more widespread?

2. scarty16

scarty16

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Meridian will have two soon, probably won't be cheap!!

3. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    Gefen seem to make 4:1 HDMI switches, and as long as you can sort the audio, and your DVI TV supports HDCP then you should just be able to use an HDMI to DVI cable and an HDMI switch?

(DVI and HDMI are electrically compatible for video, but use different connectors, and HDMI includes HDCP encryption which is optional for DVI.)