• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Splitter Communcal property

KDIY3R

Standard Member
Hi All

Apologies if this topic have been covered before but I have a communcal and my property has a dual feed. Currently I have 2 Sky boxes connected to this on a single feed.

I would like to introduce a 3rd box and run that on a single feed. How possible is it to do this on a regular 2W spliiter?

I wouldn't be fussed about the + feature on all three distinations?

p.s. we briefly upgraded to the Sky Q and property is "Sky Q ready" but after a lengthy investigation, they concluded that not enough power is getting to the LNB or something. The communcal managers are very long and therefore Sky allowed me to stay with Sky Classic.

Thanks

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Only the people responsible for the maintenance of your communal system can answer your query. You cannot split satellite signals in the same way that you can terrestrial/Freeview UHF signals and would need at least another cable from the distribution box (multiswitch) if there is a spare output (if not a new larger multiswitch is required)

Tom Smart

If the system has been upgraded to Sky Q, chances are that they have installed dSCR multiswicthes. If you intend to run a Sky+ box in one room and a standard Sky box in another it could possibly be done with a 'Smart Splitter' installed within your flat and all both boxes set to 'SCR' mode in the LNB settings - but it does depend on what equipment has been installed to make the system Sky Q. I would go back to installation company if you know who they are.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom