Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

spliting an aerial cable + Sky

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by viperfire, Nov 4, 2005.

1. viperfire

viperfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I am after some advice as to how to split my aerial cable. At the moment we have a normal aerial on the outside of the house and the cable comes in to the loft and down to the living room for the main TV. I have just bought an LCD TV for upstairs and was wondering how to split the aerial cable in to two so the new TV gets a decent picture? I also have a link to the downstairs Sky box through a coaxial cable. How could I get the sky and normal aerial cable into the one input?

I hope that makes sense and would appreciate any help you could offer.

2. jaspo25

jaspo25
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just go to B&Q and buy an aerial booster with more than one output, the one i have is powered and has 4 outputs so run incoming coax to near socket feed into input connector then run outputs to where you want them. I have mine in built in cuboard then outputs up into loft then down to each bedroom.
    I actually split the feed as it comes out of my video, dvd and set top box linked to this then one ffed to tele and slit goes upto booster box so all feeds go every where. I can then watch dvd or cable anywhere in house.

3. jaspo25

jaspo25
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just go to B&Q and buy an aerial booster with more than one output, the one i have is powered and has 4 outputs so run incoming coax to near socket feed into input connector then run outputs to where you want them. I have mine in built in cuboard then outputs up into loft then down to each bedroom.
    I actually split the feed as it comes out of my video, dvd and set top box linked to this then one ffed to tele and slit goes upto booster box so all feeds go every where. I can then watch dvd or cable anywhere in house.