Split DivX file

GaryMo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've just tried to rip one of my son's Peppa Pig DVD's to my PC so I could convert it to DivX to put on a memory stick for playing on a compatible TV.

I used DVD Shrink to rip the disc then DivX Plus Converter to convert the 6 episodes to DivX format. All 6 episodes have been combined to one large file. Is there any way to split these up to 6 individual files so they can be selected individually?

Any better way than I've used?

MakeMKV worked a treat but for some reason DivX Plus Converter says it's unable to recognise the file type (error 109). Any idea what that could be? Thanks.

Should have no trouble with it; the codecs in the mkv will be the same as the files generated by DVD Shrink (from a DVD the video codec is MPEG2 and the audio most likely Dolby Digital AC3), and DivX Plus Converter says it can work with mkv files (I've never used it however)

Googling that error, seems it's quite common, and that DivX Plus Converter has a problem reading MPEG2 from MKV containers, even tho it doesn't have a problem with MPEG2 itself.

So next step is to find a decent program that will convert from mkv to avi...

Found one Matt - Freemake Video Converter

Doesn't give much control over the conversion though with regards to resolution etc which is a shame as I'm getting 200MB AVI's instead of 50MB AVI's which are fine for the likes of Peppa Pig etc!

Last edited:
Good stuff!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom