Split cable outside house

M

mrperty

Apologies for asking before but i have the following scenario and wondering if anyone could advise.Using video sender around house however quality is poor.
Have sky installed in front room. Have 2 other rooms where tv points are not used and would like to use them. Would consider RF out on sky box however this would mean drilling holes etc. Would like to use existing cable if possible. From outside of house I can see that sky signal is obviously fed from dih to tv in front room (coupler attached). 2 other coax cables are just cut there for the other 2 unused tv points in the house. Is there anyway of splitting the existing cable from dish to use these other cables on outside. Just want to view same channels on each of the points. Can anything be done or would I have to purchase a quad LNB and run cable from disk to each of the free cut cables outside of house that link to my 2 free points.
tks

Apologies for asking before but i have the following scenario and wondering if anyone could advise.Using video sender around house however quality is poor.
Have sky installed in front room. Have 2 other rooms where tv points are not used and would like to use them. Would consider RF out on sky box however this would mean drilling holes etc. Would like to use existing cable if possible. From outside of house I can see that sky signal is obviously fed from dih to tv in front room (coupler attached). 2 other coax cables are just cut there for the other 2 unused tv points in the house. Is there anyway of splitting the existing cable from dish to use these other cables on outside. Just want to view same channels on each of the points. Can anything be done or would I have to purchase a quad LNB and run cable from disk to each of the free cut cables outside of house that link to my 2 free points.
tks

You will require a satellite receiver for each room. You can split a satellite signal in two if you have a high enough signal level and the second receiver would only have access to a very limited range of channels determined by which polarity and frequency band the main receiver is tuned to. To split it 3 ways would not work without expensive in line amplifiers and would still restict channel choice on the 3rd and 2nd boxes.

The only way to ensure good results is to install the quad lnb. It is also not recommended to join satellite cables - ideally they should be one piece from lnb to dodgibox. If you absolutely must join cables use "f" connectors and an in line connector on each cable and it is absolutely essential to waterproof the joint with self amalgamating tape. Only bother even attempting to join the cables if the cables being joined to are good quality satellite cable and not cheap terrestrial aerial cable.

Joints and particularly between two different types of cable can cause innumerable reception problems.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom