UncagedTyphoon

Established Member
Reaction score
So now you have played the game Whats your Veiw

As for It brings a certain amout of freshness back to XBL
but at first thought it was C**P but now I love it nil lag
superb graphics but wont take me away from R6

As the four player thing sucks a bit :nono:

I haven't been on live with it yet :( but have played it over s-link.
Maps are big the graphics are some of the best on xbox imho.
As i say i haven't been online yet and 4 player is a bit lame but maybe it wouldn't work with more players?

I'm almost finished on single player and i'm loving every second of this side of the game.

All in all i love it and can't wait to go live :clap:

At first I thought this was fantastic but then over the weekend I just thought "This is so BORING". Now, I realise that is because I'm basically just crap at it and don't have a clue what I'm doing in the Live games, other than running round trying to kill people. Too much RS3 I guess.

I'm determined to get to like it and even bought a Strategy Guide :eek: So, my copy will not be going back but I think I need to spend more time off line with it to get used to the controls etc.

I can't even get past the hostage room in the first off line level so I've got some way to go. Time to read the guide me thinks :blush:

Like LFC FAN, I've only spent time on 1 player, and I think it's great!

It seems a bit more difficult than the first one, but that could just be a steeper learning curve. I think I restarted the Paris level 20 times, as I kept on getting spotted, and setting off alarms! There seem to be more alternative routes round obstacles than before, and greater access to gadgets (love them gadgets!).

It still looks as superb as before, and I'm sure I'll be on Live soon to try out the online options, which look to have another steepish learning curve, as the controls are different to the offline game. Does this have much of an affect on the overall gameplay?

Initial thoughts are confirmed: 4 players is absolutely perfect. Not only does it enhance the tension not seeing people all the time, it also makes it easy to set up games with people you know & who will play it the right way - which is essential.

It's absolutely amazing on Live. So tense, and fantastic for teamwork.

single player is excellent - currently on the paris level and **perhaps spoiler** in the room with the brains on the floor.

Tried xbox live games but could not join any of your games over the w/e. Will try again throughout the week.:)

I still have a lot to learn on this. I did not play the 1st at all and have only been on live with it. Just starting to get deeper into the game. The more I play the more I find out & the more I enjoy it. Teamwork is definately the key and it works well. All in all I think it is excellent.

Great game that certainly adds tension and what a feeling as you creep out of the shadows and break a mercenary's neck :devil:

Playing more as the mercenary at the moment to learn the maps and yes team work is definitely the key, that is so long as your team mate can remember who you are.....
Must have some more games with Typhoon :D

Really enjoying it on Live - havent even looked at the single player game.
Now that i've finally worked out how to talk to the mercs when you grab hold of there necks (you hold down the white button) its a hell of a lot of fun chatting to them for a bit then breaking there neck :devil:
Just wish it allowed 6 players at a time as some maps (Plaza one) are far to big with only 4 players.

Well, gotta say when I first played it I thought the graphics were crap in comparison to RS3 and the gameplay was boring. But as Messiah has posted I think it is cos I did crap when I played it also certainly the bit im playing is in the dark and u cant see **** all. So im hoping my input on this topic is a load of old ******** and I will be proved wrong. I think we were right in saying only 4 player is a pain in the ass. I have looked a few times to see if there was a game I could join and everytime its been full:(

Still here's hoping it gets better otherwise it will end up in me friggin drawer with other crap games which I haven't traded cos im nowhere near a trade shop like Game etc. Oh and before someone suggests Ebay etc I cant be ****in bothered with all that ****.:D :D

Matt

Gotta love this game. Its a completely different set of tactics to RS3, so its kind of unfair to compare them directly. I have to say the 2v2 works well, as the tension would be lost with more players. There are so many cool touches to the game; give it some time and patience and you shall be rewarded...

Lorenzini

Do you play your xbox on your 434 and if so do you have any probs with screen burn. I have a 504 and already got some (hopefully not long term permanent) screen burn so won't play on the plasma any more. Only on the pj now which is not as easy as switch on and play.

Thanks.

I agree that the Plaza map is too big for 4 players.

Have no sign of any burn on my 434 (yet - touch wood), and play my Xbox on there. Its still relatively new (coming up to 3 months), so I'd be a bit gutted if there was some already. Actually, last week I moved my Xbox to my old 36" Panny CRT partially out of paranoia, and partially wanting to play while wife watches Hollyoaks!

Can honestly say the only trouble I've ever had is with BBC1 in morning with clock in bottom left, but even then the residual image goes after putting another channel on for a minute or so.

Originally posted by Malone
also certainly the bit im playing is in the dark and u cant see **** all.
Matt
Please forgive what I assume is a stupid question but you are using night vision, aren't you? There is a brightness adjustment in the options as well.

Been playing since Friday but only on Live, havent even started the offline game. Only complaints I'd have at the moment are the controls dont feel that intuitive and take a bit of getting used to. Still find myself pressing the wrong buttons in the heat of the moment when I'm trying to gun down spies. Also, the voice quality is appalling. At least 2 seconds lag when talking to someone especially in the lobby and constant dropout/breaking up.

Originally posted by Daithi
Please forgive what I assume is a stupid question but you are using night vision, aren't you? There is a brightness adjustment in the options as well.

Yep have tried night vision for specific parts. Just cant find any fun in playing this.
I have to admit I have seen other posts on here from time to time, shall we say, regarding a disliking for RS3 which I find superb and one of the best FPS games i've played, so I guess its horses for courses and each individual has their own expectations.
I never played the first Splinter Cell so having read about it a fair bit, I had high expectations. I personally find the graphics poor especially in the Cinema where its like looking through a goldfish bowl when your view moves from right to left. The perspective seems all wrong and the sound quality whilst talking to your colleague is crap I cannot see my adversary in....... well I could rant on and on.

:rolleyes: Ho Hum as far as im concerned unless I suddenley discover the (very well) hidden gameplay and the (very well) hidden fun factor this pile of ****e is going in the deep "crap game" drawer.

A very disappointed Matt

I personally find the graphics poor especially in the Cinema where its like looking through a goldfish bowl when your view moves from right to left
I find that ripping effect through the middle of the screen a lillte poor aswell mate.
But i personally think the graphs on this game are awesome, i've done the single player all the way now and it was a dream to play from start to finish. i was hooked from start to finish and every level was stunning graphics wise.

I also went through the multi-player maps today and think the graphs on these are far better than R6 ( waits to be flamed)
:rolleyes:

I'll be on live soon to see just how well it plays :clap:

That Ripping affect is caused by the xbox's graphics chip - it doesnt have a vertical sync(a bit of cost cutting by nvidia) on it which causes the tears which cut the screen in two - is annoying but you get use to it - Serious Sam is another game that suffers badly from it.
Got to say the graphics are superb all the lighting and shadow effects all running smoothly online.
Manic you shouldnt be comparing R6 to Pandora very different games R6 is a FPS and Pandora is a stealth game - you arent meant to be running around all guns blasting - even if you play as the Mercs.

Well tbh I do like the single player game after all my ranting:rolleyes: but when playing online as merc in the cinema I couldn't see anything and could not understand the point of it. Even if the spy was straight ahead of me I couldnt see him.... .
Maybe its my misgivings rather than a fault with the game. I suppose I was expecting a different feel to it.
However seeing as I do enjoy the single player at least I haven't totally wasted my money and who no's maybe a few more goes on the online part of the game and I might enjoy it. I think u can see my frustration with it initially in my 1st post. Must admit to having minimal patience with this type of thing. I tend to work myself up and want to stamp on it if I cant suss it:rolleyes:

Matt

played it last night for the first time for about an hour,have to say it was by far the most unenjoyable time ive spent on xbl.

but ive started the 1player and thats good so ill not bin it just yet,give it another go at the weekend when ive got the time and no work to dash off to.

imo its better as a spy as thats how you play the game,the mercs side of it is a complete joke and a waste of time.

just my tuppence worth.

I think it is a relative easy game to play, but difficult to master.
I jumped straight onto Live, but had a great teacher that got me up and running very quickly, cheers Zapp :smashin:
I have yet to get my 1st kill as a spy but I think that will come with practice.
At the moment I prefer being a merc but would probably enjoy it more if I could use a boomstick, eh Chad:laugh:

originally posted by Damage Inc

imo its better as a spy as thats how you play the game,the mercs side of it is a complete joke and a waste of time

I don't understand this... How is it a complete waste of time? What don't you get about it? I find alot of people used to FPS style shooters (and usually attention deficit disorder) are having problems getting into the game, as it doesn't involve a kill every minute. Its highly annoying when people keep dropping out of games when things don't go their way. The impatience is everywhere, especially the Septics.

Its about stealth for spies and setting intelligent traps for the Mercs. Keep going - once you learn the maps and get in a good room with helpful people who know what they're doing its a very rewarding game...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom