1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory Co-Op

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Pooon, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    :mad: :mad: :mad: Anyone else getting disconnected at random points for no reason whatsoever? Me and Munkey Boy just spent the best part of an hour and a half on the Panama Mission(i know we're slow, but we're also :censored: ) then it crashed, telling me i have been disconected from the session. This not the first time its done it to me as it hapened about 5 times last night wehn playing with a mate. Any ideas? Also whats the point of the save feature when it doesn't save anything!? eg if you use the save option it creates a file so if you die you can restart at that point, which does work but if your game :censored: disconnect you then you have to start the mission all over again!!!!!!.

UbiSoft i expect much better from you!!!! PATCH NEEDED

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yeah happened to me and Obi, me and zapp, me and Gazza, and to top that off me and my brother on system link. But once you do get to do a full level without it kicking you it's awesome i really like the co-op.

Come on Ubi patch this fast so people don't get too hacked off. :thumbsdow

Also on the save issue, you have to do story mode (not mission) so you get the hard save instead of just the quick save that you get in mission. only downside you have to do the training each time you want to play it with a different person.

3. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Me and me bro just got 100% each on the bank level co-op on hard setting. :smashin:

Not sure if i like the 2v2 player yet it's a bit hard. :rolleyes:

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    The actual co-op game mode is awesome. me and Munkey Boy were having a great game before it crashed.

So Story mode enables you to make a 'proper' save, think we'll have to try that next time.

2v2 is mental. the maps are huge, especially as a merc as i seemed to spend all my time running round looking for ways to change floors!

5. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,339
    Yeah, really enjoyed the co-op too. Trouble is in story mode is that you have to start from the beginning again with each new co-op partner. But I haven't done the training yet, so for me, thats a good thing.

Started playing the 2v2 last night, and its very similar to Pandora Tom. There is a "tutor" mode now though where everyone can speak to everyone to share knowledge of how to play, and you have to pass an exam map before you can even try it. Play it with peeps off your friends list of a similar skill level and its a cracking game, which gets better the more you know what you're doing and where you're going.

I'd recommend starting on the Warehouse map, as its one of the simpler ones. And then you can learn other maps unchallenged in the tutorial menu also.