Splinter Cell amazing reviews!!

this is going to rock do you know when it`s coming out is it the 29th of nov.

This is coming on PC also i think :)

Gamespot Just Gave Splinter Cell 8.6 :(

looks like Metroid will be game of the year for sure with

IGN 9.8
Gamespot 9.7
EGM 10

BTW splinter cell defo worth getting for PC when it comes out i will be picking it up :)

and the PS2
Have you seen the PS2 port of Wreckless?

:eek: :blush:

Onto gamespot, the most sony biased site in existance. MGS2 better than Splinter Cell hmmm, Blinx a 5 really.

Do yo know the reason they marked SC (and the vast majority of xbox games) down, oooh it's too hard they whinged. Pathetic

Originally posted by Dom H
Have you seen the PS2 port of Wreckless?

:eek: :blush:

wreckless sucked full stop.

Anybody got any direct links to reviews?

I'm wondering if it's worth waiting for the PC version. It'll probably come down to the controller interface.

LOL look at this all the fanboys are the same as soon as a game gets a review below than expected then gamespot is biased, before the metroid review all the nintendo fanboys were saying they were biased against nintendo, grow up and get over it there is no conspiacy these are just onest oppionions from 1 guy, if u still wanna buy it then damm well buy it, as if your let one oppionion stop you. I thought the review was fair (i have not played it but what he was saying made sense)

15 not 19 :( , 4 held back for X-Box Live.
Full version on PS2...

If this is true, it's not good news, the concept of first Splinter Cell X-Box Live being " free " then having to pay for the other three is crap, if it was originally intended that all 19 levels would be included in original game.

Originally posted by Dom H
I was referring to the visuals, I gurantee the PS2 version of SC will look nothing like the Xbox version(see wreckless).

they can make it look as good as mgs, and that will be fine.
wreckless is even more interactive on the ps2 then the xbox version(its still bollix)

Sometimes I think you xbox guys get too in love with those dreamy visuals and forget about the game play, im currently playing Dead to rights on my PS2 its gfx are shyte but it plays great, also playing 2 towers which has good visuals and good gameplay, and Grand Prix challenge which has excellent visuals but same old standard f1 gameplay.

Ps2 owners dont buy for the eye candy, they buy for the combination, although it does annoy when you see games with gfx like Tekken 4 and Burn out 2 which are excellent then see some real half arsed games.

rant over.

controls wise multi format games may look a bit better on Xbox but according to many reviewers the controls on PS2 are better
i.e. Colin mAcrae 3 as reported in EDGE
This is because Multi format games are produced for the PS2 first then ported to the other consoles.
It also explains why many non FPS games that are ported to PC also have poor control in comparison to their console counterparts.

So take your choice better gfx or better control!!

Originally posted by Spacecat
controls wise multi format games may look a bit better on Xbox but according to many reviewers the controls on PS2 are better
i.e. Colin mAcrae 3 as reported in EDGE
This is because Multi format games are produced for the PS2 first then ported to the other consoles.
It also explains why many non FPS games that are ported to PC also have poor control in comparison to their console counterparts.

So take your choice better gfx or better control!!

hmmm from the reviews i have read over the last few weeks on some of the latest multi format games and the PS2 version lags behind both the x box and Gamecube version unfortunately the PS2 is fairly dated now in terms of hardware which is why thats the case, i am looking forward to Capsoms 4 new announced games (Killer 7, PNO3, Dead Phoenix, Viewtiful Joe) whether these are exclusives or not is yet to be seen but they will be built on gamecube hardware and for once PS2 and xbox will have the ports (if they get them atall)

I will just liek to add as for which to get on splinter cell (PC or X Box) its simple if you have a high end PC get that version as for one it will look much better and 2 you get to use keyboard and mouse which is the best control scheme for these types of games

but if you want splinter cell before crimbo then the xbox is the only one to get.it`s spose to be out end of jan for the pc.i do know that you can get splinter cell halo plus the sega pack from friday for 199 :)

Had some mates over last night, one of whom has a PS2. We played DOA3 for a bit and then moved on to Amped, had a bit of a Halo deathmatch and then moved on to Munch. He was blown away. This morning he is going out to buy an Xbox and Munch. He also said Amped made SSX look bad (haven't seen it myself so no comment).

I may take his Ps2 off his hands though so I can get Tomb Raider when it comes out.

Aint it funny how certain PS2 owners allways pop up on the Xbox threads, desperately telling us how the PS2 is much, much better.

S

In fairness its about the games not graphics ok graphics certainly help a game but gameplay is where its at, and as for pure gameplay i think x box is lagging in 3rd in the next gen market, All you x box owners have you thought about why MS had to lower the price of the x box so much (to such a degree that they now lose over £100 per console?>) well it can only be because it just was not selling well as it certainly aint because MS are generous thats for sure. i Have to admit at the price its a great buy, i think MS will regret not doing more in the japanese market last weeks figures in japan showed 40,000 PS2 sales 20,000 Gamecube sales and 1,500 X Box sales thats a HUGE market that they are missing out on.
its gona be a great x mas for all console owners and i will ne intersted to see who wins the x mas period :)

beta the winner is...for a change the consumer you can`t go wrong with which ever console little jonny gets for christmas.

Originally posted by The Ironduke
nightfire is rated better on the ps2 then gamecube.

Im loving it.

The names duke............Iron Duke

I presume you have both versions and thats your oppionion? as gamespot has not reviewed ANY version yet and IGN scored them as follows

Gamecube 8.5
X Box 8.2
PS2 8.1

:)

LOL anouther example of a Fanboy saying a review site is a joke because they gave a low score to a game they think is good YES I AM A FANBOY but i never state or think ANY review site is biased because they give low scores they are saying what they think simple as that

Oh and anouther thing how you can go on user reviews is beyond me do you think x box owners who bought the game are gona give is 1 out of 10? no course not there gona give is max as they want it to be the highest scores

and on gamespot user review is 9.0 for both versions if you really want to believe that

:rolleyes: are we at it again? Personally I think the T&C's should be updated stating no console vs console crap in this forum.

Seems every other topic ends up going on about the same debate.

Originally posted by betamac
LOL anouther example of a Fanboy saying a review site is a joke because they gave a low score to a game they think is good YES I AM A FANBOY but i never state or think ANY review site is biased because they give low scores they are saying what they think simple as that

Oh and anouther thing how you can go on user reviews is beyond me do you think x box owners who bought the game are gona give is 1 out of 10? no course not there gona give is max as they want it to be the highest scores

and on gamespot user review is 9.0 for both versions if you really want to believe that

I have never held any respect for ign okay sonny.

gamespot a little, but mostly I have respect for the reviews of people who buy the game, rather then are given a complimentary copy.

and if people buy a game and think it sucks they will say so after spending so much money.

stop being such a big baby

Originally posted by The Ironduke
I have never held any respect for ign okay sonny.

gamespot a little, but mostly I have respect for the reviews of people who buy the game, rather then are given a complimentary copy.

and if people buy a game and think it sucks they will say so after spending so much money.

stop being such a big baby

:) if you beleive everyone will give onest reviews your dumber than you look :) (JK) but joking aside i would say only 30% of those scores are from onest people who bought the game the rest are from x box/gamecube/PS2 owners reading the review and giving it max scores to help it

why does it bother u so much?

It bothers me because i come here for constructive and interesting talk on games etc. Not whiney 15 year olds arguing about which one of their toys is superior.

This type of conversation has no point and always ends up at the same conclusion. I really don't care about peoples views on which is the best machine, which sells the most, which site is biased. I just buy what is fun to play regardless of what format it is. Just find something else to talk about or don't bother posting we've heard it all before.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom