Splinter £10.49 -cool little horror film!

Karlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYfvKLhG4Iw

Well, caught this last night on the USA disc and loved it. Not seen the UK disc but there's a review @ www.dvdfever.co.uk/reviews/splinter.shtml

It's not often I enjoy a horror film but this genuinely scared me and had a few new ideas. That's rare. It's also got a little bit of intelligence which is maybe why I liked it :D

www.dvd.co.uk/DVD/Splinter-Blu-Ray/ICON70165/product.htm

£10.49 seems good seem I look around so I may go for that (I only borrowed the US disc). Anyone seen this on sale anytime?

USA disc: http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=15967
Movie review www.filmcritic.com/misc/emporium.nsf/reviews/Splinter

Please give it a spin! :)

I've heard it's pretty good aswell and have been waiting for it to drop in price, so this is definately tempting... :thumbsup:

Saw this Splinter blu reduced in price a few days ago and thought about purchasing it myself as this is a really good monster film.

That said, I was hesitant about posting here because I wasn't sure if £10.49 was bargain enough. :confused:

Yes i agree it's a great low budget horror with some good original ideas.

Well worth watching!:thumbsup:

good film but i don't think 10.49 is low enough for me. I might pick it up for around £7 or £8 if it gets that low

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Just had a look on Axelmusic and the US version of Splinter is region free, so either would play in a UK player anyway.

Splinter Region-Free Blu-Ray Movie Online, Movies Shop, Film Plot Summary, Sales, Movie Trailer

Hi, thank you. Did you actually buy one yourself? you see the picture might have been taken from somewhere else. Also the picture on amazon for the same UK film is different despite the fact that they both carry the same UK age certificate symbol: Splinter [Blu-ray] [2008]: Rachel Kerbs, Paulo Costanzo, Charles Baker, Shea Whigham, Jill Wagner, Toby Wilkins: Amazon.co.uk: DVD
Just read your last message and therefore it looks like we do not need to worry about. Thank You

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi, thank you. Did you actually buy one yourself? you see the picture might have been taken from somewhere else. Also the picture on amazon for the same UK film is different despite the fact that they both carry the same UK age certificate symbol: Splinter [Blu-ray] [2008]: Rachel Kerbs, Paulo Costanzo, Charles Baker, Shea Whigham, Jill Wagner, Toby Wilkins: Amazon.co.uk: DVD
Just read your last message and therefore it looks like we do not need to worry about. Thank You

No I haven't bought a copy, I know very little about the film. Is it any good? Is it a British film ? :confused:

The one on eBay is definitely the UK version, the artwork is the same on Amazon and other sites. The one on Axelmusic is the US disc. I wonder if the UK and US discs are the same PQ wise?

Found a good review of Splinter here. I may be tempted with a blind buy myself.

Blu-ray Review: Splinter | High-Def Digest

Saw this last night - well done low budget horror, but it's not that original it's basically from dusk till dawn meets dog soldiers meets predator and alien.

Great price, hopefully people will give it a spin! :thumbsup:

Hello guys and gals, I am thinking of ordering Splinter from Amazon as they have it for £7.98. But I am not having any luck to find out much specs on the UK disc. Can anyone tell me what the sound set up is? Much thanks in advance.

Hello guys and gals, I am thinking of ordering Splinter from Amazon as they have it for £7.98. But I am not having any luck to find out much specs on the UK disc. Can anyone tell me what the sound set up is? Much thanks in advance.

Just checked the disc - PCM Stereo & TrueHD 5.1.

Received my copy from HMV this morning, had a quick look at a few scenes and must say the transfer looks absolutely mint :thumbsup: Hopefully the films on par with the PQ.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom