Splatoon 3 07Sep22

Bossk128

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty hyped for this. Splatoon 3 is the only online game I play, I've sunk hundreds of hours into it!

Launch trailer

Release date reveal trailer

Yes it's iterative...
Anyone else keen?

I agree the only Nintendo game i ever play online, splatoon 1/2!
I never buy games anymore but this will be a day one purchase, especially as its my birthday a few days later!!
I hope they make the tweeks people mention whilst keeping the same core!

I think the core will stay the same, with any changes balance or quality of life. For instance the new way to respawn at a variable location looks interesting, hopefully a way to counter getting trapped in spawn by a vicious team.

I'm looking forward to the new super weapons.

Getting closer to launch day. Nintendo hype is focused on avatar customisation, but there are peeks of new maps and weapons out there.

After I've finished Fallen Order I'll be back on Splatoon 2 for some practice in preparation!

We've got a 30 minute Nintendo Direct incoming this Wednesday 10Aug22.

2pm UK time, hopefully simply on the Nintendo website

We've got a 30 minute Nintendo Direct incoming this Wednesday 10Aug22.

2pm UK time, hopefully simply on the Nintendo website
Could really do with a Zelda and Metroid update but I know it will probably all be about the paintball.

They might sneak a teaser in the close out.

I'm looking forward to some new maps.

100% there won't be anything non-Splatoon in this one - they've never put different franchises in title specific Directs before. I'd be surprised if we didn't get a general Direct in September - they've done it around this time before, and especially this year as they didn't do one in June.

Combining the Testfire with the first Splatfest on 27th August.

3 teams in special Splatfest game mode!

Got a couple of hours in of the Splatfest at the weekend. Didn’t try the tricolour, but as I picked scissors, glad I didn’t based on the feedback that it was ‘unbalanced’. But enjoyed what I played. Match making was a bit hit and miss, isn’t there meant to be new infrastructure/system for it this time?

Got Splatoon 3 pre-ordered, the complaints that there isn’t much new added doesn’t bother me, like others, only game I really play/enjoy online.

In preparation, also got back into 2 recently and do enjoy it still, well apart from the rage quitting.

I managed only half an hour due to family commitments, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Preorderd at Currys. I look forward to the new maps and crab tank 🤪

I played about 2 hours worth of the event the weekend, whilst I enjoyed it, and I love Splatoon 2, there's not enough to warrant me getting it

Will purchase when it goes on some sort of sale, whenever that may be

We’ll be picking this up too. Appeals across the family…even if they’re all better than me!

I played about 2 hours worth of the event the weekend, whilst I enjoyed it, and I love Splatoon 2, there's not enough to warrant me getting it

Will purchase when it goes on some sort of sale, whenever that may be
Splatoon 2 recently dropped to £30 minimum I think.
It's one of this that just doesn't go cheap. If you see it mid 30s around or near launch I think that will be the best you'll get.

Splatoon 2 recently dropped to £30 minimum I think.
It's one of this that just doesn't go cheap. If you see it mid 30s around or near launch I think that will be the best you'll get.
Yeah agreed, I'll just wait till whenever that £30 happens, even if its not for a year or so, I don't think its enough of an upgrade from 2

Will be watching full reviews though when it's out, and look forward to hoping hearing things from you guys too

I’m guessing that if I want to play online games with one of my offspring, we’re going to need two copies of the game? We have two Switches.

I’m guessing that if I want to play online games with one of my offspring, we’re going to need two copies of the game? We have two Switches.
In short, you will need 2 copies of the game to play at the same time. You can share games, but only one person can play the game at a time.

Early reviews looking good!

9/10

9/10

9/10

5/5

8.5/10

3/5 "Too safe"

"Recommended"

Last edited:
Every time I preorder a game I see on Friday Argos have it for £39.99. So with the mail strikes I thought I would do that, of course today they want £49.99. Might just wait.

I was thinking maybe even buy it digitally, as these Games as Service are pretty useless on cart at the end of their lives, the game you buy on day one is not the game you play at the end.

Every time I preorder a game I see on Friday Argos have it for £39.99. So with the mail strikes I thought I would do that, of course today they want £49.99. Might just wait.

I was thinking maybe even buy it digitally, as these Games as Service are pretty useless on cart at the end of their lives, the game you buy on day one is not the game you play at the end.
I thought the same but it's £50 digitally!

Mine is in the post to arrive today.

£40 in Tesco FWIW

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom