1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

splashin the cash on cables !

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by andrew constant, Feb 2, 2003.

1. andrew constant

andrew constant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have a marantz cd 17,Arcam alpha 10 amp +power amp, and i wanted to know what sort of price i should spend on cables from cd player to amp and amp to power amp , to get the best out of my system ?

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    To buy manufactured cables....... i would see no benefit in going much beyond £40 or 50 for each cable...... maybe not even as much on the pre to power cable.

ad

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I agree with buns, there doesnt appear to be much difference when you go above this price point. Maybe if you were spending several thousand on each component, you might notice more of a difference.

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I think you have to balance cable cost to the system you have,unless you're going to upgrade regularly and seriously,in which case it's worth investing in something good....for what it's worth,I can definitely hear the difference between £20/m,£40/m and up to £200/m cables with the system I have.....but I certainly wouldn't recommend everyone to rush out and buy XLO or top level Kimber.....andrew would certainly find Kimber PBJ worth trying in his system,with the added bonus of being able to return it if he isn't satisfied,and to trade it in later if he wants to upgrade....cant think of anyone else that offers that!......www.russandrews.com

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wont disagree on differences on cables. But there can be differences between like priced cables just as large as between 2 very differently priced cables. Whether different is better is very much a personal opinion, i cant altogether disagree with russ andrews...... the money back thing is great....... so long as you dont live in Ireland! :p

ad

6. deckard

deckard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use Kimber PBJ interconnects between CD and pre to power, the CD interconnect being attenuated.

I think they're excellent value for money and don't think you could go far wrong with these.