1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SplashDVD - Probably the worst retailer in the world ... ever!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by nobby, Dec 22, 2003.

1. nobby

nobby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi folks

BE WARNED, this crowd are complete rubbish!

I should have heeded posts on these boards before, but I was saving £5 off the Alien Quadrilogy boxset. I preordered it in november, the release date was 8th december ... thought good christmas gift and presto now the 22 december ... no boxset!

no communication or anything from supplier. Customer Service you ask ... THERE IS NONE!

DO NOT waste yer time with this lot, if they were givin DVD's away I will NEVER order of this lot again.

Remember the name www.splashdvd.com

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. paulus

paulus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry you had to learn the hard way. I used them once and that was enough.

I'm having similar problems with 101cd.com at the moment. I've used them for over 4 years without any trouble but some stuff ordered at the begining of December (Christmas pressies) hasn't turned up and they are ignoring e-mails. I tried phoning them today but gave up after being "in a queue" for 25 minutes.

3. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    I've had similar run-ins with Splash. They must be the worst retailer around at the moment.

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I used them recently for the first time after heeding many warnings about their service. I went ahead anyway as the prices were unbeatable.

I got Sixth Sense: Collectors Edition; Ice Age; Daredevil (2-Disc) and Memento for a total of £22.

They did take their while to come but at that price I was prepared to wait. And indeed they did come all in perfect nick.

5. kill3r

kill3r
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered two DVDs from them, using the promotional £5 off voucher. Waited 6 weeks for both DVDs which never came. Total waste of time and they didn't keep me informed in any way shape or form.

Suffice to say I have not and will not ever use them again.

6. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    That's the difference between a rubbish company like Splash and the greatness of CDWOW. If there's gonna be a delay, CDWOW will tell you.

7. Rajibear

Rajibear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered the 24 season 1 and 2 limited boxset from Splash. Three weeks latter no DVD's or status update. When they finally replired to my email they told me that it was only available for a short time. I knew that but their website showed they has some still in stock.

Never Again!

8. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    I have used them twice, first order for two dvds one dvd came within a few days the other took about two months. Wasnt going to use them again but the temptation of Californiacation for £4.49 was too much so ordered that and it took about 2 to 3 months :eek: no word of a lie. Never again i dont care how cheap they are, i will stick to cd-wow:smashin: