Splashdvd orders

martian1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I would just like to give a verdict on this site. Orders were a bit of a wait and i was advised to cancel a game order [ e-mail did seem a bit stroppy!] my patients paid off in the end and i have just had the game order dispatched. :clap:
If you dont like a wait dont use them, otherwise they are fine by me.

I don't mind waiting but I do mind them holding on to my money for weeks on items that are out of stock and also telling me that items are in stock when in fact they aren't. I won't give them a penny of my money again.

I am trying to cancel my dvd order, but can't get through...
not worth it just to save a couple of squids....

Just got notified that they'd dispatched a disc to me on Saturday (26th) - one that they had already notified me of dispatch on 17th.

Obviously somethings gone a bit wonky - hope they have sent me two and charged me twice.

Yeah, same goes for me. I have several things on order with them, but for the sake of a couple of quid, they're just too slow. Ordered 3 discs which were supposed to ship within 24 hours, and they took 7 days to arrive. Think I'll stick to Play for R2s. :)

I bought three discs from them on sunday evening all three supposed to ship within 5-7 days (what????) and one of'em was posted this morning:D
I agree thought waiting that long is too much for a quid savings. but if you are not in a hurry why not (PS a month is unacceptable!)

Originally posted by Bonesy
yep, approaching 4 weeks for me now..

Just phone them up between 9am and 6pm and complain!
complain a lot and they might not only cancel your order but also give you a voucher. (that's at least what amazon.com did to me)

Originally posted by Lux
Just phone them up between 9am and 6pm and complain!
complain a lot and they might not only cancel your order but also give you a voucher. (that's at least what amazon.com did to me)

When I had outstanding orders for over 4 weeks, they did not seem interested at all when I phoned them up. They just said I was first in the queue (Which is the same as they told me 2 weeks before), and they gave me the option of cancelling my order. It was as if they did not want my custom.

I would hate to have to deal with them if one of the items went missing in the post, if this service is anything to go by.

I'm always waiting for weeks for orders to arrive from Splash. I'm still waiting for my copy of Resident Evil 0 which I ordered from them over 2 weeks ago. My order status has been stuck on 'Order being processed' sonice the 16th.

Things I do to save a couple of quid.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

Cancelled my order with Splash (bloke on the other end sounded REALLY interested), ordered from CDWOW this morning and it's already been dispatched!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think I'll stick to using the professionals from now on....

Originally posted by lentini
Cancelled my order with Splash (bloke on the other end sounded REALLY interested),

I'm glad that I'm not the only person, who they don't seem interested in talking too!!! :clap:

For anyone who's cancelled and not yet had a refund....I cancelled my one (out of 3) outstanding sale items on Easter Monday by clicking on the link in the general e-mail Splash sent out offering refunds.The automated reply said my credit card should be refunded in 3 working days. As of last night it hadn't. E-mailed them, got an apologetic (system problems) reply today followed by another to say the refund had been effected (and would take 3 working days).

I think the problem with Splash seems to be that everything is automated. I'm starting to wonder if the bloke only visits the office once a week! :rolleyes: :suicide:

Rang them Wednesday, after waiting a month for True Romance (and yep, a month of a creditted card).
"oh, ah, well, we had a stock supplied, but they were all damaged. expecting another order in today, and yes, you're 8th on the list, so should be shipped today for you"
sure enough, and email arrived 1/2 hour later. still no disc yet though.
Now some cynical people might think*... hang onto credit card payment for as long as poss, then buy to order when the customer rings and complains....

that would be a very interesting business model !!

*but not me.

I can't help seeing parallels with Play a few months ago here. Remember how Play just couldn't cope with all the extra orders it was getting? Looks like Splash have become a victim of their own success too. Just not enough staff to deal with all the orders, returns, and customer enquiries. They haven't replied to any of my last 3 emails but I remember this was also the situation when I emailed Play a few months ago in the midst of their 'struggling to cope' phase. I'm prepared to cut them some slack as a result. I haven't ever had a problem with them and up until now, they've always been very quick at replying to emails and dealing with enquiries (they have always been slow to ship, but almost all suppliers that charge the lowest prices are). Am thus patiently awaiting a replacement for my copy of The Majestic that I returned to them 2 weeks ago.

I ordered six films inc True Romance and they have all come with T/R coming about four weeks after I payed for it.

I also have had problems with Splash, I ordered 5 discs from them, the quickest took seven days and the slowest took just under four weeks with the others turning up in between. I wouldn't mind if they took payment on dispatch, but to take your money when they can't supply the product is just wrong. I use quite a variety of online retailers - PriceStorm, Play, CD-Wow, FrontRow, 101cd, Bensons, DVD+, and I have never been charged by any of them without dispatching the goods.

CD-WOW charge you immediately, not when they despatch, so you haven't been paying much attention :D

Originally posted by Squirrel God
CD-WOW charge you immediately, not when they despatch

True, but I've only had a delayed order once from CD-Wow - not bad in over 40/50 orders.

Preorders - that's a different story.

Rec'd an e-mail for cancellation over 2 weeks ago from Splash. Clicked the link (then) & now my "account" shows the order as non existant - so I assume it is cancelled.

Still no refund on CC though :( Will give them till the end of next week before contacting cc company.

BTW, my other 3 orders arrived promptly - 4 weeks after ordering :eek:

Get e-mails for their new "offers" though - no thanks :(

CD-WOW charge you immediately, not when they despatch, so you haven't been paying much attention

I don't dispute this, but everything I have ordered from them has been dispatched straight away, so far :smashin:

:clap:
Just had shipping confirmation for the last item on my order dated 19th march. Seems like ages ago now, but it's only been 7 weeks:laugh:
Cool.
At least they seem to be getting back on top of things now. I'll probably only use them for serious bargains I don't mind waiting for though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom