1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splash DVD Whats going on ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by evanswillo, May 29, 2003.

1. evanswillo

evanswillo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an outstanding order with this company for two DVD's.
    They emailed me to say they cancelled one of the DVD's on order. The other has yes to be sent.
    The orders were orginally placed on 12th May.
    My concern is this morning the Website is unavailable.

2. Andrew_arkless

Andrew_arkless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The website seems ok now.

3. Nick Drew

Nick Drew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having problems with Splash. I made a large order in March. I have received all the DVD's althought they took so long I would not use them again.

I also ordered 5 Cd's. Money was taken from my credit card in early April and no sign of the discs. I also cancelled one of them a month ago and have not recieived the refund. I cancelled all of them 2 weeks ago and have not received confirmation or refund either. I have emailed them twice over the last week and received no reply. On my last mail I even requested a 'read receipt'. This was returned to me saying Dawn Samson had read it. Dawn is apparently the customer services manager.

To cut a long story short. I have tried over a dozen times at various times of the day to contact Splash by phone which is constantly engaged. Unfortunately the matter is now in the hands of my credit card company as they have taken a fair few quid for CD's which have never materialised. I hope I have not broken any forum rules here but take this as good advice to shop elsewhere.

4. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I placed orders for 2 CDs on the 13th and 9th of April. They both had (and still do have) 5-7 days for delivery. I waited until 20th May then sent them an email asking what the delay was. No response.

Yesterday I emailed asking them to cancel my order. No confirmation so far.

I ordered the CDs because my first order during their sale for 2 DVDs came through fine, if somewhat slowly (3 weeks).

I won't be using them again.

I'll give them another week or so at which point I too may have to resort to contacting my credit card company.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    I'm having problems logging on to their website tonight

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    According to the forum rules it is necessary to place your full name at the end of your post when discussing difficulties you are having with particular companies.

Thanks.

7. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks,

Forget emailing them as they are short staffed right now (victims of their own success). Ring them up! I have found them extremely helpful over the phone (to the point of ringing me back after 30 mins to confirm that everything I had asked for had been done) ;)

8. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A disc I ordered during their sale never arrived either (what is is - 10 weeks now??)

I did receive an e-mail to cancel about a month later. "clich this link to cancel" etc... It also said not to phone or reply as they were snowed under.

No disc or refund since :(

9. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I too had trouble getting through on the phone yesterday, but eventually got them at around 5pm. The guy was quite helpful, and it was quite reassuring to hear other phones ringing and people talking in the background. At least it's not some bloke running it from his bedroom!

They would be better off raising their prices slightly, and getting more staff, imo. Service is just as important as price, in business.

10. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've never had a problem getting through on the phone.

You people must dial once and then give up :laugh: Try hitting redial a couple of times straight after you first dial - worked for me ;)

11. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    They are an Internet retailer, why on earth should I have to call them? Email should be the best way to contact them.

12. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of course, I agree totally. But if you have already ordered something, you'll want to get things sorted and the phone is the best way to at the moment.

13. Nick Drew

Nick Drew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They may be short staffed but they read my mail requesting an urgent response for my problem - then did not reply. They should not be reading mails if they haven't got enough staff or time to reply. I also told them that if I did not receive a reply I would be contacting my credit card company in order to get my refund. This I have done and yes I tried hitting redial many times and just gave up. From these message boards there seems to be a other posts from people not getting refunds either when promised?

14. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand it :confused: I've gotten all my refunds - even my refunded postage for returns. They even sent me emails to confirm when it was done and I checked my c/card account a few days later and there the refund was. Just this week I returned a DVD to them as the case had been shattered in transit. Without any prompting, they sent me an email to confirm that they had received it, then another one the next day to confirm the refunded postage and to say a replacement should be shipped within a week. Maybe I'm just lucky :confused:

15. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Either, there are two splash dvds, and SG has the link to the good one,

Or, their customer contact centre software prioritizes gold customers - those who buy lots of DVDs vs those who only bought a couple in the sale.

... SG, I guess you're falling into the former category ? ;)

16. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Oh, and I emailed and received no answer, then rang three times, two days on the trot before getting through.

But, got my DVD in the end. :)

17. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Um, guilty as charged :blush:

The other thing is, I tend to ring around 2pm-3pm if that helps :confused: