Splash DVD & The Pianist

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I ordered 'The Pianist' 2-disc title in Splash's recent sale.

Well I recieved it through the post today and am extremely perplexed. I opened it up to find only one disc, I didn't know the Pianist even came in single disc form. :mad:

I'm wondering may I have been sent a high-grade pirate copy? The DVD was shrink wrapped?

I'm going to get back to Splash about this as I had specifically ordered the 2-disc set but if anyone could give me some ammunition I'd be most grateful.

Also: I tried putting the EAN number into DVD profiler and it wasn't recognised. The EAN no. is as follows: 050 582 197 044.

Has anyone else who ordered the Pianist from them recieved this version?

john316

Well Splash list 2 different versions - looks you've come across the limited release 1 disc version unfortunately. :(

buns

Banned
i got a one discer, it was a good film but terrible picture. also no inside chapter listing or anything

ad

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I know they have 2 versions on their site but the point is the one I ordered is definitely the 2-disc version as that is what the catalogue number from my e-mail matches to!

Looks like I'll have to get it sorted out from Splash. Grrrr :thumbsdow

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by buns
i got a one discer, it was a good film but terrible picture. also no inside chapter listing or anything

ad

Yep that's the one I've got - no inside chapter listing, no extras, nothing. Pretty poor even for £5 :(

chris110

Standard Member
Could be that they have just sent you the wrong one if your email matches the 2 disc one. send them an email telling them your email matches the 2 disc one or better still give them a ring. Ive never had communication with them before but have heard mixed views so good luck :cool:

buns

Banned
or £5 i rarely complain! I didnt get from play though and thats what i was expecting, but if you thought you were getting the 2 disc then id have a go at them

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I'll try giving them a ring and see what they say (if I can get through)!

Don't know whether I can be bothered to go through all the hasssle though tbh. I should at least be glad I got something from splash in the first place :laugh:

Synchronicity

Hadnt openned mine,but just had a look and its the 1 disc version as well,even though I ordered the 2 disc edition.Seems like this is the only 1 they are sending out tbh:nono:

The case does seem a bit on the cheap side too,cant see them selling pirate copies though;although if they had to download and copy every film this would explain why they take so long to deliver:rotfl:

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
You're right it seems as if they're sending out the 1-disc edition even though most people ordered the 2-discers.

I've tried other forums and this is the same issue with them!

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they say.

I'll keep you posted.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom