1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splash DVD.com

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by beth29901, Oct 1, 2003.

1. beth29901

beth29901

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have ordered 'Last Action Hero' on line with SplashDVD.com and have been waiting a couple of weeks for the DVD to be delivered, but nothing has arrived yet!
    Has anyone else had problems with SplashDVD? and if so, did you get any results?

I have also emailed them twice chasing up delivery ............... still nothing

Beth :mad:

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Search is your friend. :)

3. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    you have to phone them and do a search to find out that you are not the only one.

4. beth29901

beth29901

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Lux - wish me luck!

:)

5. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes - there have been LOTS of complaints about Splash here, hence they were taken off of the Recommended Retailers List.

6. Nottman

Nottman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've ordered from them several times - their delivery service, as you'll find if you search this forum, is - err - somewhat variable. I've currently got two outstanding from 7 weeks ago, whilst six others have been delivered within 2-4 weeks of ordering.

If you accept that you may have to wait several weeks for your goods, and that they debit your credit card on receiving your order, then some of their prices can be the best around. So if you see something you've wanted for a while at a bargain price, and you're prepared to wait a bit longer, then go ahead. Otherwise....

7. Miles

Miles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered 7 dvd's in their sale 3 weeks ago. Nothing happened for 10 days so I gave them a call. 3 have now arrived, 2 are on their way and 1 is 'who knows when'.

For the sake of a few quid savings I wont bother again. Particulary as they take the money BEFORE despatch.

I reckon they will be out of business within the next year.

8. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Barge pole. Wouldn't touch with.

Also check the DVD forums for loads of miffed ex-customers.

9. chezz

chezz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi LEX i have unfortunately sent off for a dvd from splash dvd. after seeing above posts too late do you or anyone else out there know what action i can take against them if i do not receive my dvd. 1 as they have my money can i do them for fraud.2HOW do i go about getting them removed from GOOGLE or any other internet service. i really want to stop anyone else being done!!!

10. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you do have problems I think your first call should be to your credit card company (if you paid using your credit card) - they often gaurantee online purchases...
    Hopefully you will not have a problem - I have never used Splash, but I don't think they are rip-off merchants, just unreliable... As for Google - I guess you could contact them and put in a complaint (as long as you have proof).

11. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    A lot of people jump on the anti splash bandwagon, there are a lot of sites far worse than splash, yes they are slow, but if you look on any of the bargin forums of lots of sites splash have a deal going that is good. Yes you may wait a while but i got the entire family guy series very cheap. I did wait a while but i got them.

now has anyone never got their films from splash, not got a refund, and been out of pocket, i doubt it.

12. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you on crack?

13. chezz

chezz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how did you guess!!! NO I was just venting my spleen against crappy online retailers and practising for the day i really get ripped off.{watch out when you use E.BAY) I really have ordered a dvd from SPLASH. lets see what happens.