splash.com re delivery times

mick23

Standard Member
hi all used splash.com for the first time to order dve disk it will be 2 weeks this friday , since i ordered , still no sign of said dvd

i have used play.com and always recieved items within 3 days,

it seems i have to wait 14 days before i can contact splash about dvd tracking.

any one had this experience with splash???

thank you

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
This is not uncommon from Splash. They are very poor on delivery and also customer service.

Which is why they are not in our recommended DVD suppliers list (sticky on this forum)

A quick search on here would bring up many, many, many threads about people having problems with Splash.

Greg

J

jda

Originally posted by mick23
hi all used splash.com for the first time to order dve disk it will be 2 weeks this friday , since i ordered , still no sign of said dvd

i have used play.com and always recieved items within 3 days,

it seems i have to wait 14 days before i can contact splash about dvd tracking.

any one had this experience with splash???

thank you
Same here.

8 days and nothing so I went to the site and clicked the order query.

There was no status so I sent them a message. The reply was that they are out of stock.

i had this exact thing when i ordered x men 2 i ordered it before the release date and they could not provide it even 3 weeks after the release date (waiting for stock from thier supplier they said) so i cancelled my order and have never used them since

Lux

Standard Member
last time I used them was a long tuime ago. then I saw The warrior for 3.99 and decided to give them a chance. that was 10 days ago and still no sign. but at leats for 3.99 I'm not that botheerd. of course if the DVD doesn't turn up within the next few weeks I'll give them hell anyway.

It basically proves that they haven't improved a bit even though they lost many customers.

mick23

Standard Member
thanks

all seems that splash are none to reliable but the digital vidio essentials dvd at £12.99 seemed better than £19 from other sites, i will see if i can track order though

thnk you

dawnthief

Standard Member
I ordered some stuff last year and it took an age for them to come. However ordered Platoon and Robocop last tues for £4.99 each. Got platoon yesterday but Robocop has been sent but still waiting.So have a feeling they might be improving-however if they are not then they are not too bad for prices as long as you can put up with the wait.

Stellavision

I ordered a dvd from them a while back. After 6 weeks, several emails and still no dvd I complained and they gave me a full refund.
Needless to say, I avoid Splash now.:thumbsdow

incywincy

Standard Member
Hi Mick23,

I too ordered DVE on 11/01/04 - they took my money but no word as yet.

I tried to email them at weekend to enquire about the status and a day later I got an email back telling me that they've updated their email system and to use a different email to contact them!! I suppose I'll just have to sit and wait.

Its annoying though cause I've just bought a new telly and DVD player and can't wait to start adjusting settings. :devil:

mick23

Standard Member
incywincy just emailed splash re dve they have no stock,and cannot give a date when there suppliers might have stock, i have cancelled order could be a long wait otherwise.

Lux

Standard Member
my order from 19/01 is still not out.

got this email though after quiery:

Dear Customer

We offer our sincere apologies for the delay.
Unfortunately this item is currently out of stock with us but should be due in from our suppliers shortly. Please advise if you would like to keep this order open for a little while longer or to cancel and we will refund your card.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.
i'll give them some more time as it was really cheap and I'm not in a hurry for the disc

Gary D

Distinguished Member
ive just cancelled an order with them after getting the same email. i thought it was pretty poor form to take the money even when the item is not even in stock!.

Gary

Nike

There are enough ‘Splash’ threads around that if read, would have told you not to order from them if you’re the sort of person who starts panicking if you haven’t received your dvds after 2 days.
They must have been absolutely inundated with orders while the £4 off thing was running.
I’ve currently got 11 items from them that I haven’t received shipping confirmation for. Do I care? No; I knew it would be like this and I’m quite happy to wait when I’m getting dvds for £2.99 - £4.99. I know I’ll get them in the end and have plenty of other things to watch in the meantime.
(That they debit your cc straight away is clearly stated in their T&C btw.)

Nike

Isn't that what I said??

incywincy

Standard Member
I just rang them to cancel my DVE order and they told me that it is in stock at their supplier and they will be getting a batch next week.

Decided to give them another week before I cancel and re-order elsewhere.

Lux

Standard Member
Originally posted by Nike
There are enough ‘Splash’ threads around that if read, would have told you not to order from them if you’re the sort of person who starts panicking if you haven’t received your dvds after 2 days.
They must have been absolutely inundated with orders while the £4 off thing was running.
I’ve currently got 11 items from them that I haven’t received shipping confirmation for. Do I care? No; I knew it would be like this and I’m quite happy to wait when I’m getting dvds for £2.99 - £4.99. I know I’ll get them in the end and have plenty of other things to watch in the meantime.
(That they debit your cc straight away is clearly stated in their T&C btw.)
that's all ok. I knew what they were like, I have used them many times. but stop using them just before they went downhill. I decided to give them another try. it's only for 3.99 so won't complain. and I can also wait. but then they should make it clear right from the start that it will take ages to arrive and get rid of the "ships within 5-7days" because it simply isn't true. This means that once I order it, they will order from their supplier and then I'll get the disc. But if they know that their siupplier can't provide them then they should meantion that saying expected to ship with 1-3 weeks and it would be fine.

I don't care about them debiting my card straight away, cdwow do it too.