1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splash £5 off voucher doesn't work

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Paulo, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Paulo

Paulo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have been warned , the voucher is not being removed & full price is being charged on cards according to others on the DVD forums .

From the thread :

Placed an order today for 3 items in the £2 off section which came over £20 and used the £5 voucher.

Screen price confirmed at £17 with voucher.

Confirmation email at £23

Credit card confirms processing at £23

Screwed for £6

2. 227 BHA

227 BHA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered 24 Season2 priced at £33.99, entered voucher and it shows £28.99 on my confirmation email so it seems to have worked for me.

3. alwyn

alwyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yes I orderd the same and was charged less £5 £28.99

4. ScoobyZ

ScoobyZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I wouldn' bother with SPLASH, read their terms and conditions.

SPLASH:

24. If your delivery address is outside of Jersey you maybe subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; SplashDVD.com advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.

PLAY.COM:

Where appropriate Play.com shall refund any additional customs duties borne by you on receipt of the relevant customs receipt.

Normally they get round this by posting dvd's under £18 but with box sets it could be a different money.

You pays yer money and takes yer chances but play has the best policy.

Scooby

5. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    It works fine, you just can't combine it with other vouchers/offers. I am a little concerned about the customs thing though. I thought stuff from Splash has had VAT paid? Perhaps I remember incorrectly.

6. Paulo

Paulo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Confirmation e-mail says money off but what about your credit card charge ?

7. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hasn't shown up yet, will post when it does.

8. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think they do pay the VAT (which is I believe illegal for Jersey companies selling into the UK if over £17.99)
    When they sent the Friends boxsets last year they did not and some people got caught although at that time I think they did repay you. An artist supply company my dad used got prosecuted for this.

Play do prepay the VAT if R2 or games over £17.99 with the postage label saying UK taxes paid on it, Splash's never have when over the limit.
    Remember for Play R1 from PlayUSA is not tax paid so you are liable if over £17.99

9. ScoobyZ

ScoobyZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Safe as houses with Play.

Also will add cdwow customer service is excellent too. Had a DVD not turn up and they sent another no problems.

Where appropriate PlayUSA.com shall refund any additional customs duties borne by you on receipt of the relevant customs receipt.

10. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They DO NOT refund customs charges for UK mainland purchasers.
    You get a large warning if you buy anything R1 over £17.99 from them saying you accept the customs risk.

Just look at all the treads about people being charge on the DVD Forums

11. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I asked the same question about customs for orders over £18 at The DVD Forums and was told, as I remember I was previously that it will be fine as VAT is pre-paid.

I checked my cc statement online and the correct amount, minus the £5, has been taken.

12. ochre

ochre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You either like SPLASHDVD site or you don't.

I do, and since the Summer the 'small' company has addressed many issues surrounding 'mailing-out' on time and cutomer service.

They HAVE improved, and as a loyal customer (I used to use PLAY and CD-WOW) I am wholly satisfied with SPLASHDVD.

I have used SUCCESSFULLY both the £2.00 voucher and the new 'return-to-the-site' incentive £5.00 off orders over £20.00.

The credit card deductions have been processed accurately and NO fraud has ever been commited by SPLASHDVD by over-charging (when using an e-voucher).

Recently bought WEST WING #2 for £37.02 (RRP £54.00), DOCTOR WHO Dalek Special for £15.99 (RRP: £29.99), amongst other DVD orders on a monthly basis.

If one has a charging problem, discuss it politely with a Company.:)

13. sdss

sdss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

yeah - discuss it with them and risk being labelled "a complete pain in the a***." (that's a quote taken from their own site)

that's great customer service!!!

I think you'll find yourself in the minority if you are satified with Splash - they are a bunch of cowboys and don't give a toss about the customers:

- their delivery dates are a joke - they don't keep much/any stock themselves so it all depends on their suppliers ("Usually despatched in 5-7 days" can actually equate to over a month)
    - they send out false emails telling you stuff has been sent out when it hasn't, then inform you it was a mistake, but then later argue it has in fact been sent (when it hasn't)
    - they inform you refunds have been made when they haven't
    - they take forever to respond to emails
    - you have to threaten them with involving Trading Standards before you'll actually get your refund
    - their prices go up and down all the time to satisfy their "voucher" promotions

(and that's only my problems with them - i'm sure their are hundreds more that others have experienced)

as for them improving - i personally reckon they've got worse and worse - at the start i didn't find them that bad - now it's just a joke.

my point is: think twice before going for "bargain" DVDs from splashdvd

14. paulus

paulus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You sound like an employee.

15. Paulo

Paulo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "If one has a charging problem, discuss it politely with a Company"

I did 4 times with them & it was only because I got Jersey Trading
    Standards involved that I got my money back . Bunch of cowboys .

16. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, the only reason I used them was because of the discount voucher, it took two months for my dvd to arrive, not once did I get any replies from them when I asked about delivery times. I actually sent them an e-mail to cancel the order as I wanted to order from somewhere else but they wouldn't confirm if it had been cancelled and I just knew that if I bought it from somewhere else I would end up with two copies. My order eventually arrived about 2 weeks after I asked to cancel it, but even though it took two months to arrive my credit card was charged after about 30 seconds, no suprise there.

I certainly won't be using them again, I'll stick with Play and
    CD-Wow who I think are excellent, I'd rather pay a couple of pounds more and know I'll get my film within a week.

17. oatmeal

oatmeal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Home of the worst postal system in the world.
    Ratings:
    +15
    How could they not improve since the summer?
    If they had got any worse they would have been in court or bankrupt.

18. amped2go

amped2go

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Another agreement that Splash are completely useless. I ordered 5 DVD's on 18th September for them to not be posted out untill the 15th October. Not a big deal as other people have pointed out, IF you know that they are waiting on stock and when the delivery date is. Not replying to your email is not acceptable and like others I'll be sticking to CD-Wow or Play.

19. LYNNSATUK

LYNNSATUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know splash are sh*te on delivery but i guess you can take the chance if you want

Just thought i would say it might save you some money

If you goto www.splashdvd.com and hit the banner 2 for £12.99(you don't have to buy 2) you can get some cheap stuff and they are not **** stuff stuff there is 28 days later and other stuff

But if you use this http://www.splashdvd.com/splash/affiliateland.cfm

Put in your name email it will send you a voucher for £2 off so that mean you could get stuff like 28 days later and other stuff for as little as £4.49

I got Ice Age for me little girl they do take sometime to deliver sometimes but you do get your good

Hope this save you some money

20. Chrissywis

Chrissywis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The £5 voucher is valid until 21st november. I've just ordered Alias season 1 for £30.22 which seems pretty reasonable, however confirmation e-mail said £30.22, invoice e-mail said £35.22. I checked the order on the site and it confirmed that they had debited £30.22, a bit disorganised but they got there in the end.

21. foxmeister

foxmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't seem to find how to obtain the voucher(s) using the above link, could someone please explain ??
    Thanks ...

22. abarthman

abarthman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Click me.

23. bbvette69

bbvette69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have over 200 dvds bought from numerous companies and used Splash twice after being lured in with their "coupons"only to have to wait several weeks for delivery after release.No contact from Splash even after many e-mails.AVOID SPLASHDVD LIKE THE PLAGUE.
    CDWOW RULES

24. eechiwawa

eechiwawa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the link, abarthman. Has anyone had problems with the £2 off coupons against special priced items such as the £6.49 sale items? Just curious, as there are a few tempting titles there. Not that I would abuse the voucher, of course.

eechiwawa

25. Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Just ordered Bourne identity for £4.49 (I hope so anyway after reading some splash stories) using the £2 off voucher. order confirmed as £4.49 by email.

I know this probably means nothing.

26. Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    They just debited £4.49 from my account. Just waiting for the dvd now. Two out of three tasks correct can't be bad though.

Now, I wonder what version of bourne identity i will get.

27. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You will get the sssllllooooowwwwww version.
    How about building a home cinema in your garden while you wait.:D

28. philipjg

philipjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I ordered ten disks about 14 days ago and so far 7 of them have turned up. A lot better than I was expecting after hearing all the horror stories.

29. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    First time I used Splash was last november, ordered 2 DVD's...one arrived within 10 days, the other I got in the middle of March........just enough time for the studio to make a sequel I guess.

I've ordered a few items since with reasonable success, and have two items outstanding

30. nicknack

nicknack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got DS9 series 5 from SPLASH and the envelope had a "Jersey Post - UK Import VAT Paid" sticker on the front - so it looks like they do pay it.