1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spl readings

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by TOM ALLEN, Sep 17, 2003.

1. TOM ALLEN

TOM ALLEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yes, I know I'm stupid, but please HELP!!:blush:
    When setting up speaker levels using the test tone (either by ear or spl meter) how do I adjust front L&R , my Sony STRD930 only has adjustment for Centre & Rears.
    Also, I have a NAD centre , on the rear is a switch "single boundary or double boundary" any Idea what it's for?(Yamaha centre as soon as funds allow, recomendations welcome)
    My set-up ; is Yamaha 45e fronts, nad centre,maudant short cs3 rears,Paradigm Servo 12 sub, Thomson 32" tv & Sony 725 dvd.
    Finally, given my FIRST question, I can't believe how good it sounds & the sub has integrated superbly (without the x-30)still have that silly grin when it kicks ass & all done by ear,
    Don't to be too hard on me!:confused:

Tom

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Can only answer yor first question ... my AV-10 has the same thing and it too foxed me for a short while :blush: , the L&R speakers can't be adjusted, they act as a reference relative to which the others are adjusted, the AV-10 has a traditional "balance" control to adjust the L and R relative to each other.

IOW, you set the L&R using the master volume control plus any 'balance' then adjust the others having set the reference levels of the main front speakers.

HTH. :)