Quantcast

SPL Meter

M

mooky

Still holding out for Radioshack.co.uk or Cornwall Electronics to supply an analogue SPL Meter. Anybody know where I can get one at the moment?

Mark.

Nimby

Distinguished Member
Don't believe their technical description blurb though. It's NOT 5 frequency ranges but 7 SPL ranges in dB's. 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 & 110 & 120dB. :lesson:

Generally the analogue meter is considered superior to the digital model. It is more sensitive to small changes in SPL (dBs).

Not having seen a digital meter in the flesh I cannot say if there are any other differences.

What happened to Tandy? Have they closed down?

Nimby

Ian J

Banned
Originally posted by Nimby
What happened to Tandy? Have they closed down?
They pulled out of the UK a few years ago and started flogging mobile phones here instead

John

I noticed a kit spl meter in Maplins the other day for about £5 :laugh: probably a load of :censored: tho :zonked: Although the length of time peolple seem to be waiting to get their hands on a normal analogue one maybe for a fiver it is an option:laugh:

Barend

Novice Member
Conrad in Germany still got them, www.conrad.de, should anyone have probs importing one from Germany I'll be happy to help on a non-profit basis, as I hold an account with their Dutch office.
Barend

ewin

Standard Member
can anyone give me the product number for the cheap spl meter for £5 in maplins and how do i use it.

John

here it is , I wasn't being serious though :p ,
Oh , and its £6 not a fiver , sorry :laugh:

Nimby

Distinguished Member
Can't you just see the frequency response graph:

10-20kHz (+/- 3 red diodes) :eek:

There is talk on the US AV fora of of an updated RS type analogue meter. :clap:

Nimby

suzywong

Standard Member
Have you tried www.nicksheppard-electronics.co.uk?

I bought my digital SPL (£40) from them, but that was about a year ago, so I don't know whether they still sell the meters.

BTW Nimby, that's a pretty impressive sub you've got there , just how tall is it? And I though Isobariks were substantial!

Nic Rhodes

cash converters often stock these devices. No difference between analogue and digital.