Quantcast

Spirited Away R2 Two Disc

T

theonlyspoon

Guest
Just bought this and it seems to me that the framing is out a little. Resulting in it looking like the picture has slipped down a little. This leaves a small black band at the top of the screen. A small fault but annoying! I've checked and made sure that it isn't my TV or DVD player. Anyone else have this problem?:confused:

Shame...

It's a cracking film.

-theonlyspoon-
 

Dellboy

Active Member
If you can get hold of it the R4 Special Limited Edition is the best version of this film. Great picture quality and DTS sound track. You may have to search E-bay for this one.
 
O

one_jedi

Guest
Originally posted by theonlyspoon
Just bought this and it seems to me that the framing is out a little. Resulting in it looking like the picture has slipped down a little. This leaves a small black band at the top of the screen. A small fault but annoying! I've checked and made sure that it isn't my TV or DVD player. Anyone else have this problem?:confused:

Shame...

It's a cracking film.

-theonlyspoon-
I think it is like that to keep the correct aspect ration it was filmed in.
 

keiths

Standard Member
Originally posted by one_jedi
I think it is like that to keep the correct aspect ration it was filmed in.
That's right - it was filmed in 2.0:1, hence the black band.
 

cybersoga

Novice Member
I wonder if the red tint has anything to do with the colour temperature of Japanese HDTVs being D95 (9500K) (blueish) rather than the standard D65 (6500k) of correctly adjusted televisions and computer monitors in this country and the US.
 

Jeff

Well-known Member
Originally posted by Dellboy
If you can get hold of it the R4 Special Limited Edition is the best version of this film. Great picture quality and DTS sound track. You may have to search E-bay for this one.

I have this one, PQ is OK but it's video based so not great when viewed in prog scan.
 

SimonO

Novice Member
Hi Jeff... Please give me first shout if you decide to part with it... I've been looking for this edition on and off for a while now...

Cheers...
 

Similar threads

Top Bottom