• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

spirit of Christmas is upon us or is it?

L

lisa burrell

Our Next Door Neighbours are a retied Couple. they had Carole singers at the door giving it some Come all ye faithful. The lady of the house Went out told them no thank you. Shut the Door She looked out the window to see one of them making off with her husbands cycle. . What can one say.

brendan_dj

Established Member
I cant stand Carol Singers and never give them any money.

Whatever happened to the traditional Charles Dickens' image?

Images of a proper gathering of good children holding a candle lantern singing proper Carols.
"Once in Royal Davids City"
"Oh Little Town of Bethlehem"
"We Three Kings"...

Do Children not know the words to the above songs?

The best they can do these days is a drunken sounding "Jingle Bells" and "Wish you a Merry Christmas", without any heart or meaning. I also question their motivations.

I would like to equate it with the Halloween "Trick-or-Treat"ers

Fortunately, the children who knock on our door at Halloween are very young and cute and well behaved. They come accompanied with an parent, and they are totally harmless.

I guess we are lucky that we never get and trouble-makers or older-age mischiefs at Halloween. But a drunk-sounding "hoodie" mumbling "Wish you a merry Christmas" with no heart? No thanks.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I ignore Carol singers and also don't answer the door at Halloween.

Garrett

One can say that her husband shouldn't leave his cycle in the front garden without a padlock.

On the other hand you could say you shouldn’t need to. And would not expect carol singers to be un Christian?

mjn

Distinguished Member
I sometimes answer the door, let them sing, and then say, "Thanks" close the door and go back to what i was previously doing.

Lee

I sometimes answer the door, let them sing, and then say, "Thanks" close the door and go back to what i was previously doing.

You evil man you.:D

I'll answer to carol singers and pay for the pleasure of them singing.....20 carols :devil:

mad_matt

Established Member
Carol singers, haven't had those round since the incident of Christmas 1998, jesus that was gruesome, my 2 dogs lept over the dog guard, barking and yelping, before I knew what had happened the Gordon Setter was dry humping the leg of the Soprano and the Pointer was licking the face off her son!

:rotfl:

grey fox

Established Member
Carol singers, haven't had those round since the incident of Christmas 1998, jesus that was gruesome, my 2 dogs lept over the dog guard, barking and yelping, before I knew what had happened the Gordon Setter was dry humping the leg of the Soprano and the Pointer was licking the face off her son!

:rotfl:

Maybe Christmas Carols are the doggy equivalent of Barry White:D

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I was thinking of getting some of those string-type christmas lights and spelling out "Sod Off" on my door :rotfl:

PhM

Established Member
The last time we had carol singers, twas 3 kids playing a tape, (of a church choir), through the letterbox!!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom