Spikes...are they a standard size ( for q acoustics)?

Giblets

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, got a pair of q acoustic 1030i on here, unfortunately the carpet spikes were missing, can anyone tell me if they are a standard size? Or do I need to look for a specific size?
Thanks

I've seen two types of speakers spikes for speakers and subs, 5mm & 8mm.

email q acoustics

As StephenBarnes points out, there is not a single standard size, but there are only a couple of common sizes.

Speaker Spikes - Google Search

Of the available sizes, I think M6 or 6mm is the most common. These are M6 -

Monacor SPS 10/GO Speaker Spikes Set (Gold)

Speaker Spikes x4 Gold Adjustable at Studiospares

4 x Chrome Speaker Spikes | ThatCable.com

But, of course, best to contact Q Acoustic to find the size, and they may have replacements.

Alternatively, you could go to the hardware store and get a standard M6 and M8 bolts, which should be very cheap, then see which one fits. Though don't force them, you don't want to strip the threads. If the bolt is right, it should screw in easily.

Just a few thoughts.

Steve/bluewizard

Thanks, ended up call armour and getting their spikes (£10 a set), led me to noticing my right speaker was a little 'muddy'.

Close inspection revealed the tweeter not working. Having had the little one turn the amp on at full blast the other day, I was worried it had blown.

Fiddling with the wiring didn't help, so took off the rear connection panel, nothing wrong, then the front ( the four 'grill screws' out allowed me the peel the front away slightly), enough to see one of the tweeter connections was off! Job done! Wondering how long it had been like that!?!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom