Spielbergs "Taken" on the Beeb soon.

Timh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spielbergs new sci-fi mini series is coming to BBC2 and Choice soon according to an advert I saw tonight on BBC2.
Has anyone anymore info on this show?

Just found this at imdb.
Slight spoiler

Taken spans spans five decades and four generations, centering on three families: the Keys, Crawfords, and Clarkes. World War II veteran Russell Keys is plagued by nightmares of his abduction by aliens during the war; the Roswell incident transforms Owen Crawford from ambitious Air Force captain to evil shadow government conspirator; the unhappily married Sally Clarke is impregnated by an alien visitor. As the decades go by, the heirs of each are affected by the machinations of the aliens, culminating with the birth of Allie Keys, who is the final product of the aliens' experimentation and holds the key to their future.

Yeah saw the advert too. Am intrigued. Hope it will be decent, there's blessed few progs on the box right now that I can be bothered to watch.

Too true Squirrel,caught the trailer and have viewed a few bits on U.S. sites - sounds and looks promising - we can but hope ;)

We can also but hope that it will be anamorphic. Oh please Spielberg and Aunty Beeb, let it be so :D

Originally posted by Squirrel God
We can also but hope that it will be anamorphic. Oh please Spielberg and Aunty Beeb, let it be so :D
I’d say 99% it will be of the original format if it is W/S, as this is not SKY.
The only thing the times may get mucked about. Or you may not see it for weeks then it will return without advertising.

:eek: Garretts back ;) :D

Abduction alien thing again, enough already. Maybe...
Went through a phase of being very interested in The X-Files, Dark Skies, Roswell, Independence Day and so on.
Visited Groom Lake, Rachel, Little Ale'Inn, Highway 375 Extra-Terrestrial Highway, Black / White Mailbox back in 1997.
I will be watching Taken but has the premise of the show become tired already ?

Had to reply to this one! Don't worry everybody, Spielberg takes the UFO subject very seriously. Just to recap, it's about a family's UFO events spanning 50 years. There will be ten 90min programs, I'm looking forward to it immensely!

It does look good. Does anyone know when it's due to begin? :)

i don`t know if you can get network 2 (irish station) on sky in the uk as it`s part of the package over here. anyway, if you can, taken starts tomorrow night (4th) at 9 p.m. otherwise it`s later this month on the beeb.

I believe it is one of the most expensive series ever produced coming in at around 26 million, but that falls way behind Steven’s other series Band of Brothers which was about 82 million.

Originally posted by gringottsdirect
BBC2, Saturday, January 11th @ 9pm, with late night repeat following Fridays.
Brilliant!
Finally something worth watching on a Saturday night
after Casualty!

Originally posted by bowenjones
Brilliant!
after Casualty!
I prefer Holby City :)

I prefer E.R :D

Whats Casualty, Holby City ;) :D

Originally posted by bowenjones
Brilliant!
after Casualty!
What about C.S.I. on five?
Although it looks as if it has finished for the time being, and Tagget is on ITV at 9.30 tonight.

Originally posted by GreyTruth
Had to reply to this one! Don't worry everybody, Spielberg takes the UFO subject very seriously. Just to recap, it's about a family's UFO events spanning 50 years. There will be ten 90min programs, I'm looking forward to it immensely!

Did you used to post as UFo1947 or something similar :(

Watched the first 30 minutes or so of this on Saturday night and was bored rigid by it.

Might try watching it again on Friday in case I was just out of sorts but really felt this was pants. Couldnt believe some of the really naff special effects.

Originally posted by Desticado
Watched the first 30 minutes or so of this on Saturday night and was bored rigid by it.

Might try watching it again on Friday in case I was just out of sorts but really felt this was pants. Couldnt believe some of the really naff special effects.

try and stick with it. i watched the second episode last weekend and it picked up more pace than the first, and is very watchable.
half an hour of what is probably a 10 - 12 hour programme isnt really giving it a chance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom