Spielbergs "Taken" on the Beeb soon.

I must be in the minority here judging by this thread. I think it's unmissable and gets better with every episode. The following episode to the one shown on BBC2 on the Saturday is shown straight after on BBC Choice - I've watched 3 episodes so far and each one is better than the last.....

I love it as well. I like how they seem to be concentrating more on the social/ethical impact of the whole thing rather than worrying overtly about portraying aliens as stereotypical little grey/green men in flying saucers. People who get ****ed over how the aliens look are missing the point a little, IMO.

I think it's one of those things that people will say they think is a pile of old smelly wee and then watch every week religiously, "just in case it gets any better". ;)

MuFu.

Originally posted by Army Bloke
I must be in the minority here judging by this thread. I think it's unmissable and gets better with every episode. The following episode to the one shown on BBC2 on the Saturday is shown straight after on BBC Choice - I've watched 3 episodes so far and each one is better than the last.....

i confessed earlier in this thread to enjoying the series. i agree that each episode has gotten better. i don`t have bbc choice but watch it on an irish tv station, where it started a week earlier than the beeb, so looking forward to the fourht installment on saturday night.
i`m not really that interested how good the effects are if the storyline holds my attention and so far it has.
btw has anyone noticed that there seems to have been a different director for each episode so far. as far as i can remember the first episode was directed by tobe hooper of texas chainsaw massacre fame.

Originally posted by MuFu
I think it's one of those things that people will say they think is a pile of old smelly wee and then watch every week religiously, "just in case it gets any better". ;)

MuFu.

I've been doing that with Odysey 5 - utter pants. Now something has come along that clashes with it - its been anti-TiVoed

Originally posted by Garrett
I too thought it was slow and thought of recommending it to the guy in General Chat for his insomnia.

That was me with the insomnia, have got it pretty much sorted now :D Ive just finished watching the first two episodes. As i recorded them. So far ive really enjoyed it, it is a bit slow though

Edit

Just realised ive watched the first two episodes in the wrong order, got the tapes mixed up :blush:

Originally posted by Geezer
Just realised ive watched the first two episodes in the wrong order, got the tapes mixed up :blush:
That whisky will do it every time. :rolleyes:

I bet they made more sense in the wrong order probable added some mystery.;)

That whisky will do it every time. :rolleyes:

I bet they made more sense in the wrong order probable added some mystery.;)

LOL to be honest it didnt really make much difference, i just thought it was flashbacks or something. Only realised when i finished watching just now at they advertised the one i thought was the first. :D

The BBC Choice episode last night was superb, akin to early X-Files on steroids! I thought the first few were decent enough but this was absolutely compelling viewing. Great stuff. :)

As for the nurse... DAMN!
brow.gif

MuFu.

Originally posted by EvilMudge
I see no-one else spotted a forum member on Taken then?
I did if you had read a few pages back.

But Taken had one of the forum members in it tonight.:D

Originally posted by EvilMudge
I see no-one else spotted a forum member on Taken then?

Whats all this about then :confused:

Originally posted by Geezer
Whats all this about then :confused:
It looked like the guy who helped with you avatar, and a very big one at that.

Yes you, dammit. Talk about ruining the mystery for everybody! :( :D

MuFu.

P.S. I swear Garrett was lurking around the woods in the latest episode... ;)

You mean there was a character in Taken in a suit with a big squirrel head??? :confused:

I stopped watching it after episode 1 :(

You should have kept with it squirrel, i find it really engrossing. Enjoying it more every episode

Originally posted by Squirrel God
You mean there was a character in Taken in a suit with a big squirrel head??? :confused:

I stopped watching it after episode 1 :(
There was a really big computer generated Squirrel in a blue suit from what I remember. Similar to the white rabbit in Alice.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by MuFu
P.S. I swear Garrett was lurking around the woods in the latest episode...

I didn’t know I was in it but if it was me it must have been when I took the dog squirrel hunting.;)

I didn’t know I was in it but if it was me it must have been when I took the dog squirrel hunting.;)

Apparantly they taste like chicken :p

Originally posted by Squirrel God
You're saying you've tasted me?

I refute all allegations :eek:

I said THEY not you. And also said APPARANTLY :p

I did if you had read a few pages back.
I know, guess it was just you and me then. Sorry, wasn't very clear.

I've only watched the first episode, the rest is queing up on my Tivo (along with CSI, Boomtown etc).

Like the B-17's taking on the Me-109's, as for the story well it held my interest and will see how it pans out.

Wasn't that the chick form the Shield?

Originally posted by Xusia Of Delos
Like the B-17's taking on the Me-109's, as for the story well it held my interest and will see how it pans out.

:D That lasted for about 30 seconds of the first epsiode - since then its been set on all-american homesteads! :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom