Spiders

shaun24

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else on here have a phobia of spiders? I have a huge phobia of them as spiders are so creepy and horrible :mad:

It seems they always come at this time of year which is not good for me as i hate them :(

I am so scared every night of going sleep just in case one goes in my mouth when i am asleep but is that true or is it just a myth? :confused::(

Everytime i see a big house spider in the bathroom or in my bedroom i freak out as i hate them so much! :mad:

I wish i was not scared of spiders as my life would be much better but its not that simple as i hate the way spiders move and look, i just find them scary and creepy!

Does anyone have any tips on the best way to get rid of house spiders?

Very soon i am getting my own flat and i am dredding it as i will have to deal with spiders on my own :(

Dyson Vacuum clears them up nicely.

I'm quite scared of them, but not as much as I used to be. Having to deal with them In my kids rooms and stuff has helped but they still scare me.

Arghhh! This thread is going to only end going to one place only - and that is the same place all other AV spider threads end up. Namely someone posting that horrid picture of some huge Australian spider guarding its million odd bady spiders.

If it wasn't for spiders I would probably be living in Australia now.

It isn't just the venomous ones as my sister who has lived there for over 30 years has never seen one but the common or garden spiders which are much larger than in the UK

Yep, I hate them:)

Don't mind the smaller ones, anything bigger than that, I try not to go anywhere near them. I find cats are useful in dealing with them, they love to play with them when they start moving, failing that treading on them works wonders:D

I know it's cruel and I should just leave them alone, but I see it as no different to the mental cruelty they inflict on me, just by being in the same room as me:rotfl:

A couple of weeks ago whilst driving my left ear was a bit itchy. For some reason I looked in the rear view mirror rather than scratching it, just in time to see a small spider crawl into my ear hole. Wasn't a big spider, but it did rattle me a good bit. :eek:

I love spiders - still baffles me how anyone gets creeped out by them.

Would rather have spiders in my house than annoying buzzing flies...

Support your local friendly neighbourhood spiders folks... They do more good than bad :smashin:

You're all a bunch of girls!

What's to be scared about? I don't think we have any venomous spiders in the uk that can kill a man. I don't like the really big ones either, once they get to about 6cm...the littles ones though no problem.

At least we don't have black widows scuttling about...

What's to be scared about? I don't think we have any venomous spiders in the uk that can kill a man. I don't like the really big ones either, once they get to about 6cm...the littles ones though no problem.

They can leave painful bites though, and some can leave you with some horrible swelling.

What about the False Widow? That's increasing in numbers in the UK... some people don't react to well to their bites. Not sure anyone has died from one yet but there are some bad stories from what I can recall.
Also there are reports of spiders coming in fruit and stuff which can be poisonous, although that's very rare.

Also there are reports of spiders coming in fruit and stuff which can be poisonous, although that's very rare.

Thats just not right.... Pervs! :D

I love spiders - still baffles me how anyone gets creeped out by them.

267048-albums812-picture9044.jpg

I'd emigrate!

You are aware of the concept of a phobia arent you? Its not rational.

I have an absolute dread of spiders- above a certain theshold (usually 2-3cm). I find them immensely hard to deal with if I get one in the house- the last one I sadly had to use the dyson on. I really dont like killing them (or anything else) and avoid it if at all possible- but I find it hard to tolerate a large one in my house.

If I had the money I'd go on one of those courses to help overcome arachnophobia.

you are aware of the concept of a phobia arent you? Its not rational.

Lack of will power, if you're scared of something it's fear of the unknown. I had something once, did it got over it was all in my mind.

A fear of spiders and other such things is completely natural and built into us when we are born.
Like other animals we have built in wiring to protect us from dangers, so it's only logical we should naturally be afraid of things like Spiders, Snakes, Scorpions etc etc etc.

We would not last long in the wild if as cavemen we wandered around picking up poisonous creatures such as this. the fact that some are not dangerous does not matter.

A fear of spiders and other such things is completely natural and built into us when we are born.

Yup. All you need to get over the natural fear is your own will power. More you back away and not get over it, worse it gets. Until you've working yourself up for nothing. ie most people think snakes are slimey and gross, they're not they're dry.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom