Spiderman - What dya think ?

PaulBoy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Got my R1 SE from absound yesterday & watched it last night - never saw it in the cinema BTW - I enjoyed the film overall and it has some great visual & audio moments but I have to say I was expecting more - its probably all the hype & how much it made at the box office etc - I cant see it getting the number of replays Blade II ; LOTR or BOTW have already had in my household (not that they are similar films) and even The Phantom Menace has had a few outings due to its sensational audio / video (shame about the film!)
The SE appears to have a lot of extras to wade through which is a bonus & my Pioneer 646 had no RCE issues thankfully
Just my opinion of course ... Paul ;)

Starting from the beginning !!!

Really nice packaging on this one. Then i opened it up, and checked the chapters guide.........and found ' COUPONS ' attached to it..........:mad: I know this is being picky but, i didn't like it.

Really enjoyed the movie, as i did at the cinema, and it will get repeat viewings. There are plenty of extra's to gaze through, however, i have seen better!
Take A O T C disc 2 for example.
A quality set of extra's and also vey informative on the making of.

Cheers
Kev

Mmmmmm, really was looking forward to this but fell asleep two thirds of the way through it! What was that adolescent love story all about. Reminded me of Pearl Harbour, great special effects and action but poor relationship interest.

Still I'll catch the last third to see if I missed anything.

Originally posted by mozzer

Really nice packaging on this one. Then i opened it up, and checked the chapters guide.........and found ' COUPONS ' attached to it..........:mad: I know this is being picky but, i didn't like it.

Which version was this?

Just my opinion, but I hated the film There were a few good moments, but what a dreadful end and tedious story. Nice of Macy Grey to show up and instantly date it as well.

Looks so 2001 now, dahhilings.

This will be in every bargain bin in the country come Jan 1st.

I saw it at the cinema and didn't like it either :rolleyes:

Great first hour or so, then I sort of lost interest a bit. I am not really into Superhero films so once all that stuff got going it put me off.

I liked it a lot and can see the next few getting better. Why? Cos Raimi is faithfully following the comic book series (so far) and those get better with time too. New villians, darker feel, etc.

And MJ's legs are just fantastic!!!!!!:devil: :devil:

loved it, one of the best superhero films in my opinion. why the love story? cos that's integral to the Spiderman story!! I agree about Macy Gray tho why oh why did they have to have that mad bint in it?! I guess she's signed to Sony records! willam defoe was a great bad guy as well.
can't wait for the sequels but please bring in Vemon or Carnage at some stage!! I guess Doc Oc is the next bad guy tho

I have only seen it once (at the cinema) but I enjoyed it. I don't think it was as fantastic as the hype was making out, but it was better then most comic-book movies. Personally I like things a little darker, maybe they will delve into the dark side a little more in the next one. :devil:

I thing Spiderman is THE best superhero movie of the lot... gonna go and buy the R1 disk tomorrow now I know its out. To my mind Sam Raimi did a fantastic job creating a superhero film that was beleivable, that real characters fully developed and it carried a strong storyline - five stars from me - only the first two Batman movies come close.

Originally posted by Lex
Personally I like things a little darker, maybe they will delve into the dark side a little more in the next one. :devil:

Spiderman doesn't really have a dark side, the bit where he goes after the car-jacker is about as dark as it gets. Part of the characters charm is that no matter how bad things get he's always able to make a wisecrack and keep it light. Batman's the brooding sucker, you might like Daredevil as well which should be out soon.

If you want to see a really dark superhero movie, check out an earlier Sam Raimi effort 'Darkman' - great little flick. Don't know about the sequels though - ain't seen them.

I enjoyed the film, but didn't think the DVD looked all that fantastic. Nothing wrong with the disc itself, but the film used for the transfer wasn't exactly pristine and it really showed on the disc.

Nice of Macy Grey to show up and instantly date it as well.

Exactly my thoughts while watching it. In a few years this scene will stand out like a sore thumb.

Adam

Spider-man is just OK to most people who see it. But if you're even a semi-Spider-man fan, then you've got to love this flick. Watching the first Spidey-Goblin battle left the biggest grin on my face for a long time.

Yoda's lightsabre skills and all those crafty references to the original Star Wars Trilogy in Episode 2 did the same.

Hmmm, maybe, but having said what I said earlier, I love the Spidey comics and Sam Raimi. There were one or two stand out moments, but on the whole I thought it was just too messy.

Well I liked it. It obviously wasn't a film to be taken too seriously but bearing that in mind I thought that it was two hours of good entertainment.

Or even a fly-on- the-wall documentary

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom