Spiderman R2 - Problem

Gary D

i watched this last night and noticed that it had a problem (to be honest you couldn't fail to see the problem) In the scene where MJ is being attacked in the alley (ch 22 i think) the disk froze completely, i tried it on the 3 other DVD players in the house and to some degree it happennind on all of them:

Tosh 220e - froze all together
PS2 - froze all together (not surprising really)
xbox - got past it but the picture was very very pixalated for about 3 seconds
Eclipse - froze all together

has anyone else noticed this ?

Gary

F

Family Guy

I haven't got the R2 version but it sounds like a dodgy disc.

W

Whatts

Hey Gary,

I had more or less the same problem on my (European/Dutch) R2 in the same scene.
The picture didn't freeze but was blocky for about 1 second.
Player is Sony NS-900, haven't tried it on my cheapo Cyberhome yet (lent the player to a friend).
I put it down to a fingerprint or dirt on the disc, but after reading your post I think I'm gonna have to check again tonight.

Greetz,

- Tom -

-Spike-

I've got the R1 of Spiderman.
The disc "froze" three times on my DV88P :(

Unfortunately I can't remember the exact scenes though.
I also put it down to a dirty disc as when replaying the scenes again it played ok.

Lux

Standard Member
I have the R4 which is the same pressing as the UKR2 and dutch R2. On my Tosh DVDrom I have no problems. Haven`t tried it on my Tosh 100 and Tosh 220 yet

kelvin

Novice Member
The first time I played my copy it froze just after pressing "Play Movie" on the main menu. I put it sown to a fingerprint, dust etc and so ejected/wiped the disc and started again and all was well...

I'll watch it again later on though and see if any problems become apparent. Does sound a bit like you could have a dodgy disc though... :(

Gary D

its only a rental copy so i dont really care that much. i just wanted to know if other people may have had the same problem. i've never had a disk do the sme thing on four different players before, so it most likely just a bad pressing.

Gary

Lex

Novice Member
Another quality region two product! :rolleyes:

Lux

Standard Member
Actually I have a problem with the R4 disc on the Tosh 220:
In the introduction to the main menu the picture and sound kinda jump for a second (just a small glitch). But it's not really a problem as long as the whole film plays allright.(which I haven't tried yet)

S

Squirrel God

Originally posted by Lux
Actually I have a problem with the R4 disc on the Tosh 220:
In the introduction to the main menu the picture and sound kinda jump for a second (just a small glitch). But it's not really a problem as long as the whole film plays allright.(which I haven't tried yet)
I have the R4, no problems at all with my Sony DVP NS300.

The R2 problems above don't sound like a dirt problem, more like a format problem, where they didnt check compatibility enough before release or a bad pressing.

S

smallman28

Originally posted by Garyd
i watched this last night and noticed that it had a problem (to be honest you couldn't fail to see the problem) In the scene where MJ is being attacked in the alley (ch 22 i think) the disk froze completely, i tried it on the 3 other DVD players in the house and to some degree it happennind on all of them
Are you sure you dont just blank out for a second well paying attention to something else going on in the scene;)

Oh and region 1 version plays fine on my Pioneer 444 and on PC DVD drive.

LDR

Havent had a chance to watch the whole film yet, but on selecting chapter 22 I am not experiencing any problems at all on my R2 version.

Using my trusty old R2 only Tosh SD-2109 !!

The old ones are still the best !! :D

LDR

Ouch !!! :D

Lex

Novice Member
Originally posted by LDR
Using my trusty old R2
R2-D2? I didn't know he played DVDs! Is he multi-region?

kevb

Novice Member
Originally posted by Lex
R2-D2? I didn't know he played DVDs! Is he multi-region?
:DLAMO:D

Well one things for sure he has his own built in projector and doesn't look out of place next to an SVS sub.:D

Lex

Novice Member
Maybe C-3PO could be in charge of bringing round the ice-cream & popcorn.

W

Whatts

I watched my Dutch R2 again and there definitely is some kind of coding error in chapter 22 (the part just after Spider-man hits the 2 guys standing behind him simultaneously).
I could slo-mo over it in forward motion, when I tried reverse slo-mo the player froze for a good second and then jumped about 2 seconds forward.
But in normal play you hardly even notice it...
Apparently my Sony makes less of a problem of this then some other players.

- Tom -

LDR

Ok, just watched the whole film last night and have absolutely no problems with it anywhere, The R2 layer change is just before the start of CH 22 (Alley scene) and apart from the usual nanosecond pause I am not experiencing anything untoward.

Hope this helps

LDR