• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Spiderman 3 almost the same for PS3 and X360..

Kahled

Established Member
I was quite surprised at how enjoyable the previous incarnations were of this game so going to be quite good to see a new version, the extra features on the PS3 version do sound quite a bonus. Additional Bruce Campbell naration as well... "groovy"

The guys on the X360 forum got really defensive when I said the X360 version and PS3 version are almost exactly the same. They think the X360 version has to be the best. When I said the PS3 version has got slightly better graphics they call me a fan boy. How pathetic.

Anyway I think I'll get it for PS3 because the collectors edition appeals to me.

Bilbob

Prominent Member
The guys on the X360 forum got really defensive when I said the X360 version and PS3 version are almost exactly the same. They think the X360 version has to be the best. When I said the PS3 version has got slightly better graphics they call me a fan boy. How pathetic.
lol! that didn't happen!
One person suggested the 360 graphics were better, in exactly the same way you suggested the ps3 graphics were better, neither comment had any factual basis at all! The preview said they were the same, bar slightly richer colour on the ps3, which also as stated, is probably down to connection type and panel compatibility!
Might wanna re-read that thread, it hardly got heated did it!:rolleyes: :D :smashin:

kingsize

Established Member

Anyway I think I'll get it for PS3 because the collectors edition appeals to me.

yeah.............right........ fanboy :boring:

[email protected]

Established Member

As stated that is total nonsense. You said the PS3 had better graphics and people pointed out that you had quite clearly made that up as the link you posted said the graphics were the same but the colour may be slightly richer on the PS3 version.

You seriously need to grow up m8.

Steve-L

Prominent Member
I have to confess that if the two versions turn out to be pretty similar then I would go for the 360 version because of the achievements... I do miss that little sound and pop-up at the end of a level etc. Sad, but true! Hopefully when they get "Home" sorted there will be PS3 achievements too...

reklor

Prominent Member
is it just me or does this game look poor?

it looks like an up-scaled PS2 game :confused:

i will give it a go though just cos its spidey and it looks fun - just thought it should of looked alot better :rolleyes:

Well every cross platform thread over there seems to turn into a X360 is better at the mo. Thats why I said they are almost the same except the PS3 has a collectors edition.

Does anyone know how many levels you can play as new goblin in the collectors edition? I hope its more than just beating up Peter Parker.

Bilbob

Prominent Member
Well every cross platform thread over there seems to turn into a X360 is better at the mo. Thats why I said they are almost the same except the PS3 has a collectors edition.

Does anyone know how many levels you can play as new goblin in the collectors edition? I hope its more than just beating up Peter Parker.
I really don't want to drag this out, but whilst you DID say the above, you also said
ha the PS3 has better graphics but not by a lot.

And to be fair, the reason most threads say the 360 version is better, is quite simply that so far most cross platform games have been better on the 360! It's not biased, or fanboi speak, it's just the way it is, SO FAR! That might change, but so far, that's just how it is.

Anyway, off me soapbox now, and back OT, I also think the graphics (for either version!) look really quite bland. Sandbox, open environments... blah blah blah... looks very basic. Will have to look very good in motion for me to be convinced...

veto

Standard Member
this is where im torn , if the both look identical , id pick the 360 for marketplace and the lovely contrller .
but the ps3 has some nice extra content , i just hate the contrller :(

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom