1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderman 2 - Censored

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by FoxyMulder, Jun 22, 2004.

1. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yet another film censored because of a headbutt ( i'll be buying region 1 when it hits DVD) what are peoples opinions about headbutts should they be removed ? the distributors wanted a PG rating for this film, also perhaps they actually cut more out before submitting it to the BBFC which the site doesn't list, some people might say well its just a lil headbutt but sometimes this can be so noticeable in films.

2. MC Hammer

MC Hammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Agreed.

However ,I think one is banging one's head against a brick with as far as the BBFC is concerned.
    :censored:

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
    Wasent the 12A rating brought in because so many kids under 12 wanted to see the original Spiderman but couldnt?
    Wouldnt it have been better to leave the film uncut and made it a 12A instead of censoring it make it a PG, after all they brought in the new age rating for exactly this type of film or does the headbutt scene push the rating of the film past 12A or even past a 15, remember The Matrix had all headbutt scenes removed to make it a 15, surely the scene in Spiderman 2 cant be that bad?

4. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Im still amazed by the 12A rating that was given to Terminator 3

5. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took part in the BBFC consultation exercise at the end of last year on what I thought of 12A cert. Mentioned headbutts being cut then.

I think headbutts still rate as at least a 15 cert, they are not allowed in lower unless it is fantasy violence (so the hero can't be the one doing the headbutt, to a recognisable human character). Its because they are concerned about kids copying them and headbutting each other in the playground.

Most other countries allow them in PGs or 12A equivalent.

6. pj

pj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +351
    shrek 2 is also cut for a headbutt and it would be a hard one to cover up too!