Spiderhead (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Just finished watching it, nothing special and agree with the score of a 6

This is on 52% on Rotten Tomatoes. Disappointing for a Kosinski movie, he'd really been on a roll. Oh well, at least it's free to watch.

Just finished watching, like the idea of the film but got bored half way through and my attention went to browsing on here, never a good sign.
A 5/10 for me

Wasn't much depth to the story, but liked the idea, 6/10.

Cheers Cas.

Despite it being Kosinski I get the feeling I wouldn't have much joy in trying to push this one towards an 11.... :)

Cheers Cas.

Despite it being Kosinski I get the feeling I wouldn't have much joy in trying to push this one towards an 11.... :)

Unfortunately not. It could have easily been a 7 though, but they didn't stick the landing.

Unfortunately not. It could have easily been a 7 though, but they didn't stick the landing.

Aye, another one for the "if I ever get round to it" list.

Which is currently inhabited mostly by Netflix offerings!

Wasn’t impressed with this. Liked the premise. Can actually see something like this going on.

After the first half got bored and felt the film didn’t hit the landing. 4/10 for me. Won’t watch again.

It was so slow, maybe a 4, but more likely a 3

Just finished this, thought it was predictable and rather boring

Watched the movie yesterday - I have to say that was quite a disappointing one with sort of an intersting beginning which resolves itself fairly quickly though. It gets really boring really quickly and the acting is mediocer at best. The onedimensional characters didn't help that either.

I don't really agree with the 6/10 rating. I would give at a 4/10 at best.

Last edited:
Had avoided any trailers for this and went in with some expectation due to cast / director, but by gum, this was tripe, 3/10

5/10 from me, really surprised by how disappointing this was from Kosinski

Boring, some interesting ideas, but poor pace 5/10

A rejected episode of Black Mirror with its teeth pulled that further manages to contradict itself at every creative level and plot point whilst remaining resolutely predictable and boring. Lots of pointless expensive aerial glamour shots and art design and Chris Helmsworth unwisely trying to convince everyone he can act well enough to do “bad”. He can’t and this film definitely “doesn’t” do anything remotely entertaining .

Watch the trailer on Netflix… pretty much that’s it . Save the time.

Watched this last weekend and it was very bland!

Started off positive, Some Ex-Machina vibes perhaps...

But it went nowhere really. Hemsworth was ok until he tried to switch evil, I didn't mind the idea of a friendly mad scientist and he portrayed that OK.

Overall a 5 is fair I think, But I do not think anyone would watch it twice...

Actually if they had given this to the black mirror mob and a 45 min runtime it would have been half decent I suspect :D

Sadomasochists need only apply.
This is definitely something of a Black Mirror outing but it fails to manage any intrigue or the moralistic bent that the former wields.
I just didn't really care for the inmates, the safe middle of the road radio music and, a story that set up sexual and deviant behaviour being bled down into Hemsworth's being like an all-boys pupil who never grew up. Moreover, the notion that the subjects could be put through such extremes and look not only the others in the eye still but themselves and think OIK, I and they deserve this was preposterous.
The ending was a waste of, I assume, the last of the CGI budget.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom