Spider-Man: No Way Home Movie Review & Comments

I've not long got back and they killed it. Absolutely killed it.

By the way @bruce-leroy I'm very disappointed you haven't seen the 1987 Kevin Costner vehicle No Way Out.

I'll be sending the Inspector round ;)

No love for The Amazing Spider-Man 1977 (Pilot) then? Disappointing.
View attachment 1622777

As a kid watching those, I thought Nicholas Hammond was da bomb. I used to like them a lot when they were shown on Tv!

I've not long got back and they killed it. Absolutely killed it.

By the way @bruce-leroy I'm very disappointed you haven't seen the 1987 Kevin Costner vehicle No Way Out.

I'll be sending the Inspector round ;)

Don’t know what you’re on about * whistles * 🤨😜

No love for The Amazing Spider-Man 1977 (Pilot) then? Disappointing.
View attachment 1622777
I got the sequel Lol
D63A9A9D-241D-4C7F-8D80-1ED6C0A4A7EC.jpeg

Judging by the turnout for this, it looks like Marvel have a problem.

People will turn out for the old characters but not the new ones.

Maybe they shouldn't have killed so many off.

Very enjoyable film.

*note to Disney/Marvel - leave out the woke/pc crap and the fans will flock back.

Very enjoyable film.

*note to Disney/Marvel - leave out the woke/pc crap and the fans will flock back.

There wasn't any.

And I don't think they're in need of any "flocking" back. They're already there.

Give the majority what they want and they'll pay to see it.
Give the vocal minority what they want and think everyone else should want and you've lost yourself an audience.

Long time didnt see this huge lines front of cinema in Berlin ❤

Power. Responsibility. Sacrifice.

When you nail those three themes you know you're onto a winner. And it's what Marvel consistently do. Plus they managed it not only on the hero side this time, but also on the villain side too. Which is no mean feat. Last seen in Infinity War with Thanos.

No this was excellent and the best Spiderman outing of them all for me. A culmination of everything that's been before, and all wrapped up nicely in a bow - just in time for Christmas as well.

Big doff of the cap to all involved. I had some fears about the quality we'd see post-Endgame, simply because of the gargantuan achievement that film was. However they've shown they've still got some tricks up their sleeve, and the future of the MCU remains bright.

That was my point.
Take a look at the sales figures for this and Shang Chi and The Eternals.
Spider-Man is an enormously popular character. It’s not surprising that it’s more successful than something relatively unknown like Shang Chi (as Iron Man was back in the day). To compare the two is nonsense.

Spider-Man is an enormously popular character. It’s not surprising that it’s more successful than something relatively unknown like Shang Chi (as Iron Man was back in the day). To compare the two is nonsense.
If these new IP's were any good, then they would've attracted a bigger paying audience.

They didn't.

If these new IP's were any good, then they would've attracted a bigger paying audience.

They didn't.
Shang Chi was the second biggest film in the US this year. Not really sure what your point is here (apart from what appears to be some “woke” nonsense).

Eternals was a misfire, but I think that’s mainly down to a poor script.

Last edited:
It most certainly does count, it’s a Spider-Man movie and a bloody good one at that.
Then you'd have to include the crapass TV show and all those animated TV versions as well.

No - still now sure what your point is in a year when five of the top six movies in the US are Marvel movies or characters.
My point is that the takings of the Shang Chi and The Eternals - both films pandering to Hollywood simperings, have had piss poor box office takings.
This new Spidey film has bypassed all that bollox and therefore done fantastic business.

I'll say it again - give the vast majority of ordinary people what they want and you'll get a huge audience.

I'm sorry but I think I saw another film. When all the villains appeared it lost the charm and lovely chemistry of the young cast. You can see that it's going to end yet again with a huge CG battle of Stuff Happening. The fantastic cast did not deserve that. I also struggled with the idea that Parker keeps making so many mistakes.
The entire cinema was flat and quiet by the end

I also struggled with the idea that Parker keeps making so many mistakes.
Of course he makes mistakes, he’s essentially just a young kid making mistakes like all youngsters do but it’s worse for him as he thinks he’s more invulnerable than your regular youngster which has been pretty much shown in all the movies up to now.
If Tom Holland does do another movie then we’ll probably see a different Parker/Spider-Man as now he’s lost everyone he’s loved and cared for and is now all alone.

Last edited:
Of course he makes mistakes, he’s essentially just a young kid making mistakes like all youngsters do but it’s worse for him as he thinks he’s more invulnerable than your regular youngster which has been pretty much shown in all the movies up to now.
Reminder re the bit I haven't quoted - use spoiler tags!

My point is that the takings of the Shang Chi and The Eternals - both films pandering to Hollywood simperings, have had piss poor box office takings.
This new Spidey film has bypassed all that bollox and therefore done fantastic business.

I'll say it again - give the vast majority of ordinary people what they want and you'll get a huge audience.
This is nonsense.

Shang-Chi is the second-highest grossing movie of 2021 in the US so far, and is way up at no.9 Worldwide despite having been banned in China. (Eternals is at no. 10 btw)

Worldwide ticket sales are dominated by the Chinese market, for obvious reasons, so had it not been banned by the authorities there it might well have been in the top three worldwide.

Both Shang-Chi and Eternals outsold: Black Widow, A Quiet Place Pt2, Dune, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, The Suicide Squad...

This is nonsense.

Shang-Chi is the second-highest grossing movie of 2021 in the US so far, and is way up at no.9 Worldwide despite having been banned in China. (Eternals is at no. 10 btw)

Worldwide ticket sales are dominated by the Chinese market, for obvious reasons, so had it not been banned by the authorities there it might well have been in the top three worldwide.

Both Shang-Chi and Eternals outsold: Black Widow, A Quiet Place Pt2, Dune, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, The Suicide Squad...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom