Spider-Man: No Way Home 4K Dolby Vision Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Where is this available to buy now in store?

It's in the review:

Spider-Man: No Way Home comes to 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos in Standard and Steelbook Packages, from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment UK on 4th April 2022.

Although if you pre-ordered from Zavvi or Amazon there's a chance you might already have it by now.

Thanks Cas, looking forward to this.

I know we'll all be thinking it anyway, but thank goodness this is a Sony 4K UHD release and not Disney. No wonder it's so good.

OMG, a 9/10 for this... I would image a 12-year old giving this score, but to see it from a reviewer of this site?.. Not a single memorable moment; unimaginative by the numbers action scenes; the now tired trope of converting maniacs into good guys; annoying, clinically stupid actions of the 2 main characters; lazy enough even not to try to hide Toby's age - the list could go on and on. If you're part of the generation who saw Spidey 1 at release, like me, you could probably stretch it to 6/10 with all the nostalgia thrown in; 'if you were too old for this ***t' back then, it's probably a 3/10.

Into the Spider-Verse was many times better, I can't understand how they could feel this movie was necessary at all after that animated feature - and how they could make it this weak.

OMG, a 9/10 for this... I would image a 12-year old giving this score, but to see it from a reviewer of this site?.. Not a single memorable moment; unimaginative by the numbers action scenes; the now tired trope of converting maniacs into good guys; annoying, clinically stupid actions of the 2 main characters - the list could go on and on. If you're part of the generation who saw Spidey 1 at release, like me, you could probably stretch it to 6/10 with all the nostalgia thrown in; 'if you were too old for this ***t' back then, it's probably a 3/10.
On your own mate - I would have given it 10/10 personally. No Way Home is ridiculously good. And that's from someone who doesn't even particularly love the Marvel universe.

OMG, a 9/10 for this... I would image a 12-year old giving this score, but to see it from a reviewer of this site?.. Not a single memorable moment; unimaginative by the numbers action scenes; the now tired trope of converting maniacs into good guys; annoying, clinically stupid actions of the 2 main characters; lazy enough even not to try to hide Toby's age - the list could go on and on. If you're part of the generation who saw Spidey 1 at release, like me, you could probably stretch it to 6/10 with all the nostalgia thrown in; 'if you were too old for this ***t' back then, it's probably a 3/10.

Into the Spider-Verse was many times better, I can't understand how they could feel this movie was necessary at all after that animated feature - and how they could make it this weak.

Well I’m part of the generation who saw the first one at release and agree with the review entirely.

And why would they need to hide Toby Maguire’s age? Where does it say anywhere that he’s the same age as in the films?

I am in the middle of setting up my new C1 oled. Yes indeedy! this will do just nicely for tonight's viewing. I can not wait!

Yep, I agree. It was a weak movie.

Thanks for the review - hopefully this arrives on Monday from Amazon. Sounds like its going to be a fantastic release.....we all loved it at the cinema, so looking forward to seeing it again. Maguire and Garfield (my fav Spidey) were brilliant additions.

tanks Cas . some comments on here that i just dont agree with but each to their own. i really enjoyed this one and cant wait for my copy to arrive. agree we should be thankful this one will no be blighted by another "atmouse" soundtrack

Up there with Spider-Man 2 with Toby and into the spiderverse as possibly the best Spider-Man for me.

Saw it the cinema 4times and can’t wait to get my UHD disc on Monday
Going to watch it again a few times.
Absolutely love it.🥰

For me Garfield is the best Spider-Man glad to see he got his redemption in this film.

You're not alone on this. Both my wife and I saw this at the cinema and have little interest in watching it again. Also as a sidenote is it even worth buying a MCU 4K disc knowing it's likely a better IMAX version will likely arrive on Disney+ someday.

I bought the Apple TV digital version, but I'll get the disc too eventually. This won't be on Disney+, it's a Sony film.

As for Spidey being part of the MCU and therefore very much absent from the Sony Spidey-verse, surely it's only a matter of time before Sony introduce a live action Miles Morales?
"Miles Morales, the Spectacular Spider-Man"

And, no offense intended, I pity anyone who didn't enjoy this fantastic film. 10/10 from me.

I gave it a 9 too and I think its full of memorable moments. There are whole videos of youtubers reacting to each and every one, so it clearly made an impact on people.

I recently saw it at the cinema, I enjoyed it.

It's about
giving people a second chance.

Starting with Peter getting another shot at
getting into Uni, which makes him think that the villains deserve a chance to become good, plus the Peter Parkers get their shot at finding catharsis.

It's quite clever how the writers weaved that into the main story and subplots.

So, this was fun. Shallow, superficial, rather loaded with fan-service, and not making a great deal of sense if you actually stop to think about it, but still entertaining - which is a property that has been increasingly lacking in MCU films for quite a while now.

The last Spider-Man film was... all right, but nowhere near as much fun as the first one was; Black Widow was desperately "by the numbers"; Shang-Chi started very well, but went badly off the rails in the second act and never really recovered; and Eternals ? Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.... In fact, you'd probably have to go back a lot farther - maybe even as far as 2017 - to see MCU films at anything like their best.

So, this represented something of a return to form; it remains to be seen if it's a blip, or the start of a genuine recovery. I am somewhat encouraged by the recent MCU TV series, with have mostly been more interesting - albeit with a regrettable tendency to devolve into a sound-and-fury Marvel action climax in the last episode. (Kind of surprised the reviewer singled out Hawkeye for praise, though - that's definitely the weakest of the four).

Anyway, well worth seeing, especially if you're familiar with the McGuire and Garfield films.

A bit harsh, but yeah, not that good. I didn’t think it was the best Spider-man movie, or even the best MCU Spider-man movie, but it was alright. Spider-verse is way better, that’s a 9 or 10 of a movie, this is a 6 or 7 at best.

The 4K picture quality is good but still average when compared to the likes of Tenet/Lucy/Joker or Revenant. I simply don't understand how these super successful films are rendered at such low resolutions of 2K in 2022.

Kudo's to Warner Bros for at least Mastering the likes of Suicide Squad 2, Joker and The Batman in 4K (which should look absolutely stunning when released next month!!!).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom