Quantcast

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

wawr

Really loved this film the Dolby atmos is truly fantastic ,
BUT ,
I have only breezed through what people are saying about this film on here ,
so I thought I would ask a bit of a Dumb question ?

the animation looks as if its 3D without the glasses in places ! bit [fuzzy]- is it me ? or is this how its meant to look ?
Right , the reason I'm asking is I went in to my local Richer sounds today & saw this on a 4k tv , I am watching this in a dedicated cinema room through a optoma projector [4k]
The picture didn't look at all fuzzy on the TV ,[it was a demo clip] that's why I am slightly confused lol:facepalm:.

As always I know you the members will put my right & set my mind at ease one way or the other

Thank you in advanced

crabby09

It's definitely the best sound and video of any disc I have seen to date... Truly astonishing!

@wawr That's an interesting observation, and one that I share - on TVs I think the picture is better saturated and hence not "fuzzy" as it feels on projection.

lukather101

Also had the 3d effect in places , quite off putting to be honest. Seemed very blurry.

Last edited:

wawr

phew Thank you for your reply's I knew I could rely on my on my AV friends lol
thank you for taking the time to reply and I'm Pleased its not just me :clap:

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
were can i get a 4k/3d version in one package? having a hard time finding it.

Garrett

were can i get a 4k/3d version in one package? having a hard time finding it.
Ones I seen are going for insane prices although could have been in a steelbook(or not)
EDIT
Try the french release(which I believe reasonably) although find out if the speech bubbles are on the english soundtrack version.

DrGekko

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member

davidm

Ones I seen are going for insane prices although could have been in a steelbook(or not)
EDIT
Try the french release(which I believe reasonably) although find out if the speech bubbles are on the english soundtrack version.
Just to confirm the French release has French Speech Bubbles on all discs with English sound track.

Garrett

Just to confirm the French release has French Speech Bubbles on all discs with English sound track.
Hope you can watch it OK and does not spoil the film too much.

davidm

Hope you can watch it OK and does not spoil the film too much.
No it's fine thanks. English soundtrack and speech bubbles just repeat what is being said. Great movie.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
No it's fine thanks. English soundtrack and speech bubbles just repeat what is being said. Great movie.
sorry speech bubbles? ahhh balls can they be switched off, too late now as it turned up yesterday, but stuff like that distracts me

Last edited:

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
sorry speech bubbles? ahhh balls can they be switched off, too late now as it turned up yesterday, but stuff like that distracts me
but there not part of the film (generally) so the uk version doesnt have them?, this is going to be distracting as hell...dont understand why they would do that, all types of subtitles should be able to switch off

i suppose i should have done my homework.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
but there not part of the film (generally) so the uk version doesnt have them?, this is going to be distracting as hell...dont understand why they would do that, all types of subtitles should be able to switch off

i suppose i should have done my homework.
On the UK discs, the speech bubbles are in English and they are part of the picture, not optional subtitles.
SpidermanITSpiderverse_cap6.jpg

On the French and German discs, they are in French/German.

To be fair, there was no way to know until people started receiving the foreign discs and confirmed. 4K and 2D BD are easy to sort out as those are freely available in the UK. For the 3D disc, my understanding is that the Italian 3D disc (as well as the included 2D disc) is 100% English friendly.

If it's too distracting, you might want to get the Italian 3D+2D set and maybe see if you can buy the UK 4K disc on it's own on ebay/classifieds to complete the set?

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
On the UK discs, the speech bubbles are in English and they are part of the picture, not optional subtitles.
View attachment 1151836
On the French and German discs, they are in French/German.

To be fair, there was no way to know until people started receiving the foreign discs and confirmed. 4K and 2D BD are easy to sort out as those are freely available in the UK. For the 3D disc, my understanding is that the Italian 3D disc (as well as the included 2D disc) is 100% English friendly.

If it's too distracting, you might want to get the Italian 3D+2D set and maybe see if you can buy the UK 4K disc on it's own on ebay/classifieds to complete the set?
Thanks hippo will watch over the weekend and see how i get on...although it would make sense that if you had selected the English soundtrack that the speech bubbles would also be in English for the selected soundtrack but hey ho it is what it is...

Last edited:

Coulson

Great film and I enjoyed it a lot.The Blu Ray is reference and if I hadn't seen the 4K presentation I would have been happy with that. But WCG and HDR take the picture up another notch again. More contrast, brighter colours, perfect for this animated feature. The Atmos is pretty special too. You get the sound bubble of course but there are also lot's of discrete height effects which is also a nice bonus.

Coda:
The Black Panther reference in the title of this review betrays a fundamental misunderstanding and is to be honest unnecessary. Watched as a pure entertainment I enjoyed both films equally so I get it, but there is an extra element that some people don't "feel" because it's not in their life experience. What surprises me is how many people get this, but I suppose I shouldn't "expect" everyone to get it which is cool.

Anyway, loved the film. Sony certainly knows how to put together a great package. The Blu Ray is still reference but the 4K HDR takes this to the next level.

Last edited:

Coulson

Coulson

I'm still on 1080p...but this film is the first time I've been truly tempted to upgrade.
If you have the right TV then go for it. If you don't then better of sticking with the reference quality Blu which is still very nice.

Coulson

If you have the right TV then go for it. If you don't then better of sticking with the reference quality Blu which is still very nice.
I should add however that if you have an Atmos set-up then the 4K disc will be worth it.